News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Exterminate!!

Started by matmosphere, May 20, 2020, 06:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Tim Escobedo's Thing Modulator. It sounds really cool. I was surprised at how decent of a ring mod it is for such a low part count.

I really like ring mod's so I figured I needed to build this one at some point. This is only the second thing I've ever built on perf, the first being the very first pedal I made five or six years ago. I ended up using a Lm567 not an LMC567, which is supposed to be a lot better. I ended up playing around with it and found that if you skip the 100K resistor right after the 9v in it seems to be a lot less noisy. This one doesn't even have a case yet and it isn't too noisy. at some point I'll swap it for an lmc567 and see how different it is.

Just wired it up on a piece of cardboard for now, and did some pretty obvious artwork

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

rockola

Nice one. Already had a LM567 in my Mouser cart, just bumped up the qty to 2. Looks like they only have a SMT version of LMC567.

matmosphere

Quote from: rockola on May 20, 2020, 08:15:30 AM
Nice one. Already had a LM567 in my Mouser cart, just bumped up the qty to 2. Looks like they only have a SMT version of LMC567.

The and one is supposed to be a lot less noisy in this circuit, so it might be worth getting.