News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rissole help

Started by jimilee, May 11, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

My rissole isn't enveloping. At first the lights were pulsing and now they're not doing that either. I reflowed everything and got al the modes seemingly working. With the blend pot all the way up, I got no audio.
Pics and voltages to follow:
IC1
1 4.5
2 4.5
3 4.5
4 9.14
5 3.4
6 4.5
7 4,5
8 4.5
9 4.5
10 4.5
11 0
12 1.73
13 4.5
14 4.5

IC 2
1 1.9
2 2
3 1.80
4 0
5 1.36
6 2.36
7 2.36
8 9.1
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

I'm of no help but I built a rissole that passes audio but no envelope detection. That reminds me, I need to troubleshoot that soon

alanp

Jimi, how far does audioprobing get you in the signal path?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

It's distorted on the small IC but there is audio on the larger one. I don't have the odd in for. Of me, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Droogie

Worth mentioning that there are a lot of possible knob positions that result in no envelope in a properly working build.
Try the following to see if you're in business:
Top row, left to right (in case my labels/names are different):
Color—maxed; Decay—11:00; Attack—7:00; Sensitivity—1:00
"Moog" Toggle: Right
Intensity (left pot in "middle" row)—maxed; Blend—noon
Switches left to right:
Mode—middle; Range—rightmost position (low); Up/Down—rightmost (up); Bandwidth—leftmost (half)

Hope you get it working—it's a blast!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

jimilee

I replaced the 1458 and now my LEDs pulse again, but with the mix knob all the way up, nothing but static

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 02:32:56 PM
I replaced the 1458 and now my LEDs pulse again, but with the mix knob all the way up, nothing but static

Hmm I wonder if we are having different issues? The first LM1458 I had the led would change brightness in different switch positions and the pots would effect the brightness but the signal wouldn't. With the second one the pots don't effect the brightness, I didn't check the signal since it was late and my main problem wasn't fixed anyway but I assume it was still coming through since the 1458 is just the envelope detection part of the circuit... When I fired it up before the signal was coming through and a filter was being applied but not sweeping since the leds remained at constant brightness.

jimilee

I'm thinking so, but I didn't want to hijack your thread. I audio probed, I have audio on one side of r2 only

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 02:51:46 PM
I'm thinking so, but I didn't want to hijack your thread. I audio probed, I have audio on one side of r2 only

I'll check that out as well. Honestly when I posted my previous response I wasn't sure which thread it was... haha

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 02:51:46 PM

I'll check that out as well. Honestly when I posted my previous response I wasn't sure which thread it was... haha
nice, if it isn't r2 check the one above it.

jimilee

It was the effects loop, I have the enclosed jacks wired incorrectly. Now I gotta figure out these jacks....