News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Momentary / Latching modifications.

Started by jimilee, January 15, 2013, 04:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I bought a momentary dpdt stomp  instead of latching,it has 6 lugs on it,is it possible to mod it in any fashion to make it latching? I'm guessing not so much.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

No. If it's momentary, it's momentary.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jeffaroo

you could cut in a switch that latches for you before the momentary
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jimilee

Quote from: jeffaroo on January 15, 2013, 07:54:13 AM
you could cut in a switch that latches for you before the momentary
Or buy a latching because I bought the wrong one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gtr2

yeah, you'd pretty much destroy the switch just by taking it apart
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

davent

Anatomy and rehabbing of stompswitch video and how to convert a switch. Take it apart, reshape the switch rockers, reassemble and you're good to go. Need to watch through the whole video to see the latching rockers early on and the momentary rockers at about 8min. Haven't tried this but if Mark says it's so... it's so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhDKFhqYnw

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: davent on January 16, 2013, 01:49:12 AM
Anatomy and rehabbing of stompswitch video and how to convert a switch. Take it apart, reshape the switch rockers, reassemble and you're good to go. Need to watch through the whole video to see the latching rockers early on and the momentary rockers at about 8min. Haven't tried this but if Mark says it's so... it's so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhDKFhqYnw

dave
That's just damn cool