News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

External DIP options for Queen of Bone 2?

Started by ferrinbonn, November 26, 2016, 08:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferrinbonn

Hi guys. I'm starting a build on one of these (http://www.rullywow.com/product/queenofbone2/) and I think it would be really nice to be able to change the clipping settings without having to take the back off to access the DIP switches.

Any bright ideas that a beginner could handle on how to make the switches accessible from the outside of the pedal? Is it possible to mount the DIP on the back side of the board (facing up along with the pots) so that I could drill a hole and access them that way? Or mount some other kind of switch that would accomplish the same thing?

As I mentioned, I'm a beginner, so I'm not sure if I'm totally off base with my thinking here. I've never wired a DIP before and I don't know if what I'm thinking is even possible or if the orientation has to be a certain way to make it work.

Flock of Bees

Substitute spst switched for each slider on the dip switch. So use 4 spst switches.

devilsnight

I've never used a DIP switch in a pedal but, I wonder if you could just mount it on a seperate vero board? you'd have some extra wiring but it could be mounted anywhere on the enclosure. The hard part would be getting a square hole for it to pass through. Not a real big deal, you'd mark it and drill with a tiny bit and then file it to a square shape. If your a beginner adding single spdt switches might be the easiest way to go.

warriorpoet

I just use a DPDT on-off-on on the side I want "clean", and a DPDT on-on-on on the side I want "dirty", then wire it up so the "clean" side is either-or or no clipping, and the "dirty" side is either-or-both. Two switches, clean and flexible...

...if you aren't sure which side you want "clean" or "dirty", just wire up an order switch.  ;)

Quote from: ferrinbonn on November 26, 2016, 08:44:50 AM
Hi guys. I'm starting a build on one of these (http://www.rullywow.com/product/queenofbone2/) and I think it would be really nice to be able to change the clipping settings without having to take the back off to access the DIP switches.

Any bright ideas that a beginner could handle on how to make the switches accessible from the outside of the pedal? Is it possible to mount the DIP on the back side of the board (facing up along with the pots) so that I could drill a hole and access them that way? Or mount some other kind of switch that would accomplish the same thing?

As I mentioned, I'm a beginner, so I'm not sure if I'm totally off base with my thinking here. I've never wired a DIP before and I don't know if what I'm thinking is even possible or if the orientation has to be a certain way to make it work.
Mzo.FX, Owner

bcalla