News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Envirotex Lite question

Started by Rambini, February 17, 2021, 08:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambini

Hi, I'm a beginner with this new hobby (Resin Art) and bought the Envirotex Lite just to see how it works. Did the measures with volume and also using the scales, mixing with the timer and did all the things I should do. Unfortunately, my small projects won't cure the way I thought it would be. It's bendable and not hard even after 2 or more days. What can I do more to get it right? Any suggestions are most welcome.   

jjjimi84

I highly recommend using a heat gun after your initial pour and take into consideration the ambient temperature that your project is curing in. It may take a lot longer to cure if it isn't within the specs written on the data sheet.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 17, 2021, 09:43:56 PM
I highly recommend using a heat gun after your initial pour and take into consideration the ambient temperature that your project is curing in. It may take a lot longer to cure if it isn't within the specs written on the data sheet.
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Welcome Rambini, I haven't used enviro text for several years now, but I do remember it takes a long time to dry. I would pour a thin layer, probably between 1-2mm thick, and I would let it cure for about a week before doing anything with it. It was probably okay before that, but i err on the side of caution. Things like heat, humidity, thickness of the pour will all effect how long it takes for it to harden.

The advice about the heat gun is very good for getting bubbles out during the first few minutes after pouring. If you are careful you can use one of those long grill lighters to deal with the bubbles as well.

I remember reading somewhere that if your project requires a thick coating that you can add envirotex in layers to help speed up the drying process. I could be incorrect, but I think you do not let the layers dry completely before adding more.

Best of luck, please share your results with the community.

Stomptown

Hmm... I've never had issues like that and I just eyeball the measurements. It's typically rock solid after a couple days. I do know that it cures better in warmer temperatures.  Are you working in a warm environment?

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on February 18, 2021, 03:20:16 AM
Hmm... I've never had issues like that and I just eyeball the measurements. It's typically rock solid after a couple days. I do know that it cures better in warmer temperatures.  Are you working in a warm environment?
Nothing new, same I always work in. It's about 70 in the house. I ran out, so this is the replacement, it may be a bad batch or something.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Rambini

The
Quote from: jimilee on February 18, 2021, 02:14:59 PM
Nothing new, same I always work in. It's about 70 in the house. I ran out, so this is the replacement, it may be a bad batch or something.

The
Quote from: jimilee on February 18, 2021, 02:14:59 PM

Rambini

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 18, 2021, 12:26:38 AM
Welcome Rambini, I haven't used enviro text for several years now, but I do remember it takes a long time to dry. I would pour a thin layer, probably between 1-2mm thick, and I would let it cure for about a week before doing anything with it. It was probably okay before that, but i err on the side of caution. Things like heat, humidity, thickness of the pour will all effect how long it takes for it to harden.

The advice about the heat gun is very good for getting bubbles out during the first few minutes after pouring. If you are careful you can use one of those long grill lighters to deal with the bubbles as well.

I remember reading somewhere that if your project requires a thick coating that you can add envirotex in layers to help speed up the drying process. I could be incorrect, but I think you do not let the layers dry completely before adding more.

Best of luck, please share your results with the community.
Thx fot the advise

Rambini

So, any suggestions if I can use my scales or NOT or only using cups for Volume???

jimilee

I've been eyeballing it for years.

matmosphere

The scale would be the most accurate for sure, but I think either way will work fine.