News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HSHNMFXPD

Started by Willybomb, August 29, 2016, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Happy second hand new multi effect pedal day to me after 18 years of not using multis at all.  Vox Tonelab LE, scored for AUD$150.

I got it mainly so I could put my Blackstar HT-Dual and gate pedals in the insert, switching them out as necessary, using the other effects for whatever reason. 

Sounds pretty good as a general rule.  I like the 90's marshall sound mostly, with the dumble model not too far behind, but the higher gain Soldano and Boogie models don't really do it for me.  There's a patch called "Eruption" that nails the VH1 sound, as you'd expect.  Surprisingly, no U2, Beatles, or Queen patches come stock, although the prerequisite delay and boost pedals are modeled.  You'd think that given the AC30 is such a part of those band's signature sounds you'd be able to pull those at leisure, even first cab off the rank.

So far, I have four banks with patches set up for clean, low gain, high gain, epic solo in varying amp flavours (vox, marshall, dumble, and one with no amp models so I can use the Blackstar).  Lot of fiddling to get proper relative volumes from each patch.

Willy.