News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremulus Lune - Intermodulator Tremolo

Started by rullywowr, September 20, 2011, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Built this for a friend...it is a Star Wars Empire Strikes Back meets Owl Theme...  Sounds great!   
Disclaimer: (this is not built or endorsed by Sennheiser)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jkokura

That is a very, very cool build! I'm extremely impressed, the graphics came out really well.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Thanks Jacob!  Coming from a pedal genius like yourself that is a great compliment to hear.  I took my time with the graphics and had a vision of the LFO owl eyes.  A lot of time spent on one Sunday morning over some breakfast just making the main logo as the "Empire Strikes Back" type of theme.  I am fairly comfortable with Inkscape and love it for pedal building.  I am going to give it to him in about an hour.

sprayfe

Beautiful!  I recently built a lines, but mine only has 1 ic.  Mind if I ask what layout you used?

keysandguitars

That is one sexy looking pedal! Very nicely done. I dig the owl and the blinking eyes. Is there a link to the mod that allows you to get the blinking LED.

I just started populating my tone pad tremulous lune last night. It's already put to shame!
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

petesz

jkokura

Quote from: rullywowr on September 20, 2011, 06:50:47 PMThanks Jacob!  Coming from a pedal genius like yourself that is a great compliment to hear.

I don't when I became a pedal genius! I'm barely ahead of some of your guys, and miles behind a lot of the others! I'm just vocal perhaps. A lot of the info and experience I have comes from making lots of pedals, and really refining what I do as I build. That, and being really participatory on these forums - I read everything i can about this hobby!

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

It sounds fantastic! I really like the one I built as well and this reminds me of it much. I used the tonepad layout, still need to box mine up. I found mine didn't get as fast as yours is, but I didn't use a vactrol I did the LED/LDR combo. At a certain point it gets so fast it kinda stops making tremolo and I have to turn the knob back down. Overall I'd say you did a really great pedal for you buddy!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rullywowr

Quote from: keysandguitars on September 20, 2011, 11:28:45 PM
That is one sexy looking pedal! Very nicely done. I dig the owl and the blinking eyes. Is there a link to the mod that allows you to get the blinking LED.

I just started populating my tone pad tremulous lune last night. It's already put to shame!
Quote from: sprayfe on September 20, 2011, 10:25:51 PM
Beautiful!  I recently built a lines, but mine only has 1 ic.  Mind if I ask what layout you used?

Thanks for the compliments!  Actually, this is the Tonepad layout for the tremulus lune however I did do all the mods on the page which I listed below.  The blinking LED(s) are simply done by connecting a LED to the LFO.  If you look on the Tonepad layout, at the far left of the board (traces down) - you will see two pads in the middle near the edge of the layout(one square one round).  They don't call it out but this is where you place your LED for rate blinking.

I did all these mods except for the 330pF

In the Audio path:
Change the two 47k resistors to 220k.
Change trimpot to a 10k, you may want to use a panel mounted pot for easier adjustment instead.
Add a 330pF capacitor across opamp pins 6 and 7.

In the LFO:
Change 100ohm resistor to 2k7.
Change the 100uF cap to a 10uF.

I also did the symmetry mod and ditched the "FINE" control.  Although it's not a requirement, I like having the volume control on the front panel for adjusting especially when you use a full depth setting. 

k.rock!

PERFECT!! Dude, this pedal looks fantastic and sounds awesome too! I think you nailed this one in the head  ;D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Really nice work.  I like the owl eyes as well.

What's the connection with sennheiser?  Just curious  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

rullywowr

Quote from: gtr2 on September 21, 2011, 02:10:49 PM

Josh

Thanks everyone!

A good colleague of mine was head of the madeve (market development and education) department until recently when the organization changed - thus this is a commemorative token of our appreciation.  He is a very smart guy, into sci-fi (star trek, star wars) and an avid guitar player so this was a perfect fit for a gift.  The "owl" was the mascot of the department lol.   8)

k.rock!

Quote from: rullywowr on September 21, 2011, 03:05:49 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on September 21, 2011, 02:10:49 PM

Josh

Thanks everyone!

A good colleague of mine was head of the madeve (market development and education) department until recently when the organization changed - thus this is a commemorative token of our appreciation.  He is a very smart guy, into sci-fi (star trek, star wars) and an avid guitar player so this was a perfect fit for a gift.  The "owl" was the mascot of the department lol.   8)

So you guys work for Sennheiser then?
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com