News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy with dual MN3005 and modulation

Started by Boba7, March 16, 2017, 02:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

Could you post a side shot of the lid, so we can see the sandwich?

Boba7

Quote from: Dminner on March 21, 2017, 08:51:41 PM
What size enclosure is that?  I have never seen a smaller one with 6 screws.

It's an equivalent to Hammond 1590P1, Musikding has them as "size P" I think. It's a really nice size I think. I used one for my modulating Moodring (see here though I never posted a pic of the finished pedal: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23642.0)

And thanks guys! I will take a pic of the sandwich when I can.

Actually I also just added an always on Klon buffer in front of the circuit, cause with some boost/od (my Lavache and Fatpants) you could hear the clock and the lfo going in the background. And with the buffer it's now totally silent.

Boba7

Here's the side shot also showing the new klon buffer I added at the input jack (always on)
That's one thing I love about the enclosure size: it's high! :) But not too high though. It's a really nice size.

Boba7

Quote from: Rockhorst on March 22, 2017, 09:47:18 AM
Could you post a side shot of the lid, so we can see the sandwich?

The wiring was a bit less messy before adding the Klon buffer, but oh well, you got the sandwich! :)

bluescage

Coda-effects

warriorpoet

I'm very interested in doing this with my 15v build. Do you have a link to the 2x MN3005 vero layout, by any chance?

Excellent work!
Mzo.FX, Owner

Boba7

dwhacks

I know this topic is a few days old, but I'm following the same route. First I built the Aquaboy stock, then 15v version, then modulation, and soon I'll be doing the dual MN3005.

My question is, after adding the modulation, I notice a lot of clock noise when the effect is bypassed but the modulation switch is still in the on position. What about you? Do you notice clock noise in this scenario? I have tried moving wires around and it doesn't seem to get any better. I've already had to use a wire direct from the stomp switch to the output jack because the pads on the board were giving me clock noise even in the stock configuration.

Boba7

Quote from: dwhacks on December 17, 2017, 03:58:37 AM
I know this topic is a few days old, but I'm following the same route. First I built the Aquaboy stock, then 15v version, then modulation, and soon I'll be doing the dual MN3005.

My question is, after adding the modulation, I notice a lot of clock noise when the effect is bypassed but the modulation switch is still in the on position. What about you? Do you notice clock noise in this scenario? I have tried moving wires around and it doesn't seem to get any better. I've already had to use a wire direct from the stomp switch to the output jack because the pads on the board were giving me clock noise even in the stock configuration.

Yes there was definitely clock noise in my build, so I put a Klon buffer right at the input (I wrote about it in my messages just above), and got rid of the noise!
I played it the other day (I gave it to a musician friend) and it's really a very cool delay!!