News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pug dogs

Started by alanp, February 21, 2015, 02:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Let's not forget how hideous pugs are "under the hood" thanks to generations upon generations of inbreeding.
It's the same reason French Bulldogs can't really swim; we bred it out of them. Put them in a pool, and they'll sink like a rock.
Pugs definitely fall into the category of "ugly enough to come back around and be cute" for me.

I have a dachshund, so I understand a few things about goofy looking breeds.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

rumbletone

Quote from: Cortexturizer on February 21, 2015, 11:27:08 AM
I would like a french bulldog :D
Pugs are incredibly ugly to me, and there's actually a thin line, aesthetically, between them and the f bulldog that's appealing to me.

Yeah - apparently french bulldogs were created by breeding English bull dogs with pugs. IMO frenchies got the best of both breeds, and are on average a healthier breed than either (they are not without their health issues, but based on the many I've known it's no where near what most English bull dogs and pugs almost inevitably suffer). Frenchies are also, on average, less aggressive than either, and have a near perfect personality (for me!).

rumbletone

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 22, 2015, 12:35:58 AM
Dahlia,
Dalmation / Pit Bull.
One of the best dogs I've ever had the pleasure to know and love...

So beautiful!!

dont-tase-me-bro

I even had a three legged pug - pug #2 body checked pug #1 into the wall at full speed, and that was the end of that.  We had a ramp to the couch after that.
I thought this would save me money.