News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Source for horizontal mount Alpha 9mm pots?

Started by Ben N, January 27, 2024, 11:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Like for this MB Egghead pcb (1590A) I have sitting around. I can't find them (at least not in the values I need) at Tayda, Smallbear or Mouser.

I suppose I can just eschew the adorable little daughter pcb that requires them and try to adapt the more common vertical mount pots to the space, but I just wanted to check if someone has a source for them first - space looks to be tight, after all.

TIA

madbean

smallbear has the 500kA and 1MA. For the 25bB, you can use a 50kB then solder a 47k resistor across lugs 3 and 2.

Stompboxparts has some values, but most are out of stock. Not sure about other sources.

Ben N

Thanks, Brian. I take it an 1/8W would be fine for the 47kR, and the change in taper is not a problem.

madbean

A 1/8 W 47k is fine. It actually will not change the taper in this case since it is only being used as a variable resistance to ground and not as a voltage divider.

pedalbob

Hi-

I just looked and it appears that Amplified Parts has the values you need (25kB too).

Ben N

Thanks, Bob. I'm going to try Brian's suggestion first (already ordered), but it's good to know.