News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiple Drive Pedals in One Enclosure Change Order

Started by pryonisys, March 13, 2017, 02:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryonisys

Hey everyone, I am making a pedal that is very much like the JHS Double Barrel, 2 drive pedals in one enclosure, but I would like to be able to use a switch to select which pedal is first in the chain.  I have seen some diagrams where people are using 3PDT foot switches and are able to achieve this using a 3PDT on/on switch and I'm willing to do one of those, but my preference would be to use 2PDT foot switches (with a Millennium bypass, I would like to use the board mounted layout from effectslayouts http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015/06/millenium-2-bypass.html)
So to ask my question in a condensed fashion, is it possible to use a switch to determine effect order when using the millennium bypass instead of using 3PDT foot switches?  Is there a different schematic for that or anything of that sort?
Sorry if this is a terribly newbish question, and thanks for any help.

AntKnee

I'm not as experienced as some, but I don't think it's possible with a 2pdt, ar least not without an accompanied switching circuit. That would probably be more parts and labor than it is worth. The simplest route is to use a 3pdt. Is there some reason you don't want to?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

pryonisys

In general curiosity, I've got the 3PDT switches and I'm willing to use them, I just like that the 2PDT switches are a softer touch.
Having a "quieter" switch would be nice, but like I said, I'm completely fine with using the 3PDT if they are what work.  I figured if anywhere  would have people who knew how to do this or if it was doable it would be this forum.

sturgeo

If you prefer the feel of the DPDT you can use one side of it to drive a DPDT relay, the other side and the relay combined then effectively make a 3PDT.

Aleph Null

You'll need a 3PDT for order switch...and a 4PDT if you want and LED indicator as well. There may be other options for relay swtiching, but I can't speak to those.

I put an order switch in a tremolo/reverb. It looks like this:

If you would like a wiring diagram, I can make you one.

pryonisys

Quote from: Aleph Null on March 13, 2017, 05:56:15 PM
You'll need a 3PDT for order switch...and a 4PDT if you want and LED indicator as well. There may be other options for relay swtiching, but I can't speak to those.

I put an order switch in a tremolo/reverb. It looks like this:

If you would like a wiring diagram, I can make you one.

If you could give a wiring diagram that would be fantastic!  Thank you!

nocentelli

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/juggler/juggler.htm

The link runs through how to get an order switcher/juggler.

You need a minimum of three SPDT switches working simultaneously to alter the signal path, and a fourth if you want LED indication of what order it is set to (not absolutely necessary if you are using a toggle switch, since the position of the bat show you, but pretty much essential if using a footswitch). Perfectly possible with a soft click DPDT footswitch driving relays, or electronic logic switching.

Aleph Null

pryonisys