News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FaceMelter - ChunkChunk

Started by hammerheadmusicman, December 31, 2012, 03:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

So this is my 'right of passage' build ;) It sounded seriously hot in my test rig, so 'FaceMelter' it is!

Was a fairly Uneventful build, except for having all the transistors facing the same direction, not noticing one faces the other way :/ after a little confusion and swearing, I noticed my mistake, and then it came to life!

Really enjoyed this build, and its a killer sounding circuit! It has J201s in it, and I may experiment with 2N5457s when I've done my Tayda order..

Oh yeah, the 3pdt board is one I found over at FSB, designed by 'Mr G' (thanks :), etched by myself, first one I've ever used, neatens things up a lot!

So I went with the whole Mesa vibe for the decal, anyways here's some pics..

With decal applied..

Boxed up..

If you look close, you can see the bit at the top is kind of a Tolex texture printed on the decal. you can only see it up close, but it looks cool..

Temporary gut shot - ill give it a proper test tomorrow, then ill sort the pot wires out, and fix the board down to the back of the pots with some sticky foam..

One last angle..

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

nzCdog

Great graphics and knob choice... looks really slick! RAWK! 8)

Loztboy

Super Cool.
What kind of decal is that?

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks guys, it's just a cheapo inkjet waterslide decal, clear. Got them off eBay, think they were about £10 for a big pack of 30 :)

Did you use white on your build? I need to get some of those!

wolfingsworth

I really like this, probably my favorite "Boogie" graphics (although there have been lots of really nice ones lately). Congrats on a solid build! Someday soon I too will put graphics on my builds...

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks :) i spent a lot of time trying to get the graphics right, I just settled in the end, but everyone seems to dig it :)

Hangingmonkey

Respect of the tolex design at the top

Would you mind sharing the image you used for the treadplate.  I did a search in google images a while back when i was inspired to do a treadplate design but wasnt happy with what was out there.

hammerheadmusicman

hammerheadmusicman

studiodunn

Really, really slick looking graphics.....great job.

Hangingmonkey