News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Debugging effdub Dist +

Started by octa805, November 29, 2014, 05:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

Howdy! I used to be on here quite a bit a couple years back. Then I had a kid and all pedal building stopped dead.  :-\

Getting back into playing more tho and realized my dist + isn't working right. Passes signal in bypass fine. When I click it on the LEDs flash once quickly and then die. No sound passes at all. Tried chasing signal through circuit when on and it gets in to the board but not sure where it stops.

Been so long I forgot how to fix this! Any help is appreciated.

Here is my old build thread for it with pics

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=9961.msg88060#msg88060

lincolnic

I've had this problem on a couple of pedals and the culprit turned out to be a cold joint at one of the ground connections -- I'd start by reflowing all your ground connections (especially on the footswitch and jacks).

octa805

Quote from: lincolnic on November 29, 2014, 06:12:02 AM
I've had this problem on a couple of pedals and the culprit turned out to be a cold joint at one of the ground connections -- I'd start by reflowing all your ground connections (especially on the footswitch and jacks).

Thanks! Just tried that and couldn't make any improvements. I got a lot going on in there with each ground cuz of the lit pots and stuff.

Still the same thing. Fires on the lights with no sound. Anyone have the layout! I can't remember how to chase the signal path. It gets to the board but after that my mind goes blank

octa805

Found my audio probe. Get sound into board and up to the first pot if I'm tracing it right. Will go check that next

octa805

Retouched most of the solder today.

Still lights up for just a sec but now I get about 2-3 seconds of effect before it fades out

This is something so simple but I'm rusty. Any thoughts?