News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar crackle?

Started by rhcp_schipper, July 14, 2012, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhcp_schipper

Hello you guys,

I've just build my first madbean pedal, and it was great to do. Had some minor problems but they where fixed and now the pedal almost works like it should.

There is only a little bit of a problem left. When I play through the quasar, after almost all the notes I play(especially with double stops) I hear a little crackle through my speaker. Does this sounds familiar to anybody? The op-amp I've used is the OPA2604. Should I test more op-amp to look if it gets better?

Hope you guys can help me out here.

Thanks.

rhcp_schipper

Nobody can help me out here?

Haberdasher

Hi

I haven't ever built it but I'm pretty sure there's not supposed to be any crackle.  I guess it would be pretty easy to try switching out an opamp if you've used a socket, but there could be lots of things causing your crackle.  Sometimes it's just as simple as cleaning around all the solder joints with a toothbrush slightly wet with 91% alcohol or making sure you don't have a frayed wire somewhere touching intermittently on something else.

You should read the sticky thread for the suggested rules to get tech help and post some close up pix of both sides of your board.  That would probably give people more ideas on how to attack this problem.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS