News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Edit - Just added 4 x mn3008 to Dirtbag...

Started by LaceSensor, July 20, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

This one started life as my second attempt at a v3205 build.
Completely reversed all the mods, which was more successful this time, think I am getting better with a solder pump... Its got 2 x mn3008 chips in it right now, and a 330pF clock cap. There is some clock noise at the extremes. I reckon im getting a bit more than 300ms out of it :)

Sounds really cool as you'd expect.
This one is a powdercoat white 1590 style CLIFF USA box, with toner transfer graphics.

Im really happy I was able to salvage this one. If I can be bothered I might buy some more MN3005s for it, like I upgraded my other one, but I tend to use about 250ms delays for everything anyway  :D

Outside

Inside

icecycle66

I need to courage up and build mine.

I admit, I'm scared.  The PCB stares at me everytime I do something else.
Taunting me.

"You'll never be good enough."
"You'll by all the wrong parts."
"With your sloppy soldering you might as well dip me in a bowl of liquid lead."
"You're not worthy."
"You will fail."

I'm so afraid. LOOK AT ALL THOSE THINGS IN THERE!

LaceSensor

Quote from: icecycle66 on July 20, 2012, 08:29:08 PM

I admit, I'm scared.  The PCB stares at me everytime I do something else.
Taunting me.

"You'll never be good enough."
"You'll by all the wrong parts."
"You're not worthy."
"You will fail."

I'm so afraid. LOOK AT ALL THOSE THINGS IN THERE!

If in doubt build some other stuff first get your confidence up.
If you can build one MB PCB, you can build any. You just need to take it steady and do one section at a time, then leave it a day. I myself, just do it all in one go with a couple hot drinks :)

Good luck!

pickdropper

Quote from: icecycle66 on July 20, 2012, 08:29:08 PM

I doubt it reflects reality, but that is a funny line.

I'd say give it a shot.  If you are nervous, just go slow and measure every component before you put it on the board.  Easier than troubleshooting it later.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

That's a very nice build, Lace Sensor.  I like the black print on white enclosure.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Aaaaaah... more dirtbag build reports to make me jealous!  How many more delays do I NEED??!!!
Oh, and nice work Lace ;)

RonaldB

Looks really nice.
Well done.
RonaldB

LaceSensor

Rather than shell out on MN3005s (which compared to what I have done here, probably woulda been easier) I decided to add some daughter boards. Note, plan carefully or you wont have room. Haha. I didnt plan at all and had to bodge this together.

The Green board at the front under the footswitch only works cos I desoldered one of the sockets managing to mangle a pad in the process, then adding the BBD direct to the board. I used some tiny Kinar (?) wire to make the connection again. Sorry no pics!

The other board is on vero under the main PCB. This has turned out to be the most well stuffed box Ive ever done (haha!)

Sounds really cool. I need to do a side by side with my MN3005 build sometime. I think Im getting more clock noise with this one as you might expect. Time seems a bit shorter too. Never mind!

Before

After

Everything has clearance but only just and the back of the case goes on confortably :)

PHEW!