News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Strange Dream

Started by madbean, December 16, 2011, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Last night I dreamed that I was at a Prince concert. He has a huge stack of amps, like at least 100, in some kind of monstrous array that was at least thirty feet high. Somehow, there was no security around the rig and I managed to get up the scaffolding behind them. About half-way up there were dozens of pedals sitting around, not plugged into anything. On top of one of the amps sat a boxed JHS Panther delay.

I looked around for a while, decided I had to have a bathroom break and left. The dream took a weird turn for a while about an old pal and former college roommate, but later on I decided I needed to steal Prince's Panther delay. I went back to the amp rig and was walking up to the box so I could stuff it in my backpack. Just then a fight broke out and security was everywhere, so I had to give up my plan. I was pissed because I was going to reverse the Panther.

Bret608

That's a pretty vivid dream there! I'd be trying to snake that delay too, considering what they cost!

I've dreamed quite a few times that I've been on stage with a guitar, stepped on a fuzz, and the pedal didn't work. This is quite interesting to me considering I've never played live in my life!

jtn191

lol you know you're in deep when you have a dream about pedals.

One time I was learning a lot about all the beginner parts/info--staying back at home and my mom woke me up. I said something like "...but the resistors? And continuity?"

CRBMoA

Was he playin' the Tele? 'Cause when you think of Iconic guitars, Prince = Tele! ;)

tenwatt

Isn't Prince almost strictly a Boss guy?
Not too bright....

pryde

Was Prince wearing those pink, ass-less chaps? Do tell  :-*

Fastocker

Cut back on the spicy food before bedtime?

But "Strange Dream" would be a cool name for a pedal, though . . .
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

madbean

I never saw Prince in the dream. Only the amps.

gtr2

Quote from: madbean on December 16, 2011, 10:25:20 PM

Probably better that way  :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Quote from: gtr2 on December 16, 2011, 11:50:57 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 16, 2011, 10:25:20 PM

Probably better that way  :D

Not really, most of them were Crates.

Haberdasher

purple crates and raspberry bugeras

allsome
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Smeero

if you send him a purple honeydripper with an awesome prince etched top, and mention you love analog too.  I almost guarantee he'll go nuts for madbean.

Paisley Park Studios
7801 Audubon Road
Chanhassen, MN USA
55317-8201

"I personally can't stand digital music," he said. "You're getting sound in bits. It affects a different place in your brain. When you play it back, you can't feel anything. We're analogue people, not digital."
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/06/prince-wont-record-new-music-until-internet-under.html

madbean