News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The good, the vero and the ugly

Started by jimilee, March 07, 2020, 01:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

After years of wanting one, I decided to build an Emma Transmorgrifier. It's a different kind of compressor, it gives life while compressing. It goes from light compression to pumping with lots of variables in between.

The next is a Demeter Conpulator in the for of a Demented Compressor from Rullywow Industries. This is another one of those boards I've had for years and forgot I had. This is the most transparent compressor I've ever used. Additionally, either my water slide is old or my printer is dying. Yep, the PCB is upside down, these things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

jimilee

Quote from: BrianS on March 07, 2020, 01:50:46 AM
Bro you're killing it.
Thank you , It's fun getting back into it after a year and a half hiatus.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Thor ftw! Your Vero is clean my man. I have a dod 280  with a clean blend from storybordist  I'm putting together soon. Keep it up dude
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

The Demeter is my goto comp these days.  Like you say, it's the most transparent I've used, and it's got enough level on it to use as a mild boost when needed.

I hate to say it but if I could find the real thing for a palatable price I might actually...cough, cough...buy the real pedal.  Paying my dues to some extent.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on March 07, 2020, 02:24:04 PM
The Demeter is my goto comp these days.  Like you say, it's the most transparent I've used, and it's got enough level on it to use as a mild boost when needed.

I hate to say it but if I could find the real thing for a palatable price I might actually...cough, cough...buy the real pedal.  Paying my dues to some extent.
I've got a few original pedals that I've added to my collection. I'm kind of looking for an attack decay right now, even though I've built one. Picked up a DMM at a cheap price because it was ugly til I cleaned it up.

jjjimi84

Man that vero game is really strong, like wow I am impressed! Very nice job and the demeter comp is so sweet. I am a compressor nut and love it, my go to right now.

geekmacdaddy