News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FTW

Started by cjkbug, May 10, 2011, 03:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

I've been building for a few years now. finally decided to post a build report. here is a wolfshirt. built strait up with no mods. put the octave on a footswitch and used the 2n3565 trannies. sounds just like the fulltone ultimate octave fuzz I used to have. stole the "fuzz the world" graphic online and decal'd the top and all four sides. styled the graphics similar to the custom vans of the 70's

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jkokura

Cool build! I like it a lot.

I built that wolfshirt recently as well, and I gotta say it's one of the coolest fuzzes ever! Do you find the octave is useful as a stomp switch? I didn't build it as one because I heard there's a cutout of signal when you switch in the octave. Is that true?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

night-B

Very neat and a really cool enclosure!

thetrend77

Are those gold colored footswitches? If so, where'd you get those?!

cjkbug

no they're not gold switches. but it would be bad ass if they where.

and their is absolutley no drop in level when the octave is engaged on this build. octave up is something I use sparingly so the footswitchable octave makes sense for me. I did the same thing on several different octavia type builds. a pre gain control also helps to mello out the sound if they're a little screetchy

jkokura

I didn't mean a drop in level, I meant a cutout of signal. I've heard that the fuzz just stops for a moment when the octave is engaged. Don't know if it's true, was just asking.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

really cool paint!
Pcbs no longer available

slimtriggers

That's awesome!  Love the 70's style!

cjkbug

Quote from: jkokura on May 10, 2011, 06:23:34 AM
I didn't mean a drop in level, I meant a cutout of signal. I've heard that the fuzz just stops for a moment when the octave is engaged. Don't know if it's true, was just asking.

Jacob

never notice this, sounds like an issue with the switch that was used. I've had a few cheap switches that cut off the signal until your foot is taken off the switch. in fact I have to swap out the switch in my dls and firebomb builds for this reason. was this a single report or several instances? I'll test it out today and report back.

bangerang101

Yeah, Ive had one switch that did that same excact thing (cut in and out when pressing down on the switch half-way), and when I swapped it out for a new one, the pedal work perfect...  Great job BTW, the artwork, wiring, and assembly look great! Also, think it's funny how you used green, 3.9k resistors for the CLR's, instead of the standard 4.7k...nice touch...  Keep up the great builds!   
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude this f--ken rules!! Love how it looks! I recently built the GGG foxx tone machine and I'm so happy with it. I did the same putting the octave on a footswitch and it was definitely the right idea! I'm convinced the guitarist of Sir Lord Baltimore used one of these. The only disappointment was the kit I bought came with 2N3904 trannys. I would have rather built it with the originals.

Mine sounds like this when the octaves on, you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMGXUDQR8PU
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

played around on this today for quite sometime. goddamn this thing has some serious output! definitely no signal loss when switching the octave in or out.I preferto use this one in the lower end of the gain range. the fuzz by itself is really great.

nzCdog

For The Win!!   ;)

gtr2

The graphics are really great!  Nice work.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer