News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

T.A.R.D.I.S.

Started by pickdropper, December 24, 2013, 03:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on December 24, 2013, 08:01:04 PM
Yeah, I haven't put it in yet.  I loath battery clips so I put them in as late as possible.... or not at all.

Would look really sweet if you added one of those 9V battery holders (metal tension clips)

I personally cannot STAND a floating battery. It GOTTA be held in.  8)

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 24, 2013, 08:10:05 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on December 24, 2013, 08:01:04 PM
Yeah, I haven't put it in yet.  I loath battery clips so I put them in as late as possible.... or not at all.

Would look really sweet if you added one of those 9V battery holders (metal tension clips)

I personally cannot STAND a floating battery. It GOTTA be held in.  8)

Yeah, I have a metal clip for this one.  It's necessary for this build.; there is so much room that the battery would fling around and potentially damage things.  Some builds work better without the clip, but this isn't one of them.

I waited to find out if we wanted a battery (he does).  Too bad.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

I sometimes cut a battery 'sock' from a skinny bike inner tube and use heavy duty velcro on the sock and enclosure to keep the battery in place.

Look's terrific Dave, lucky friend!!

Merry Christmas!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lincolnic

This was awesome the first time, and it's still awesome now.

billstein

Excellent as always. After all your 1590A builds it must have felt strange to have all that space.

gordo

Naa, this is almost 2014...we need to ween folks off of batteries.  It's the responsible thing to do.  I'm so used to the tight builds that it looks like you could play tennis inside that case.  Fantastic artwork.  Was just reading an article on the new Dr. Who.  Sorry to say that I've missed 2 thru 11 so I have catching up to do.  The Daleks scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

rullywowr

Wow. Really dig the graphic!  Excellent build, PD.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Ettore_M

Wow! Dude, you could add a Aquaboy PCB in there, and build a Analog/Digital combo delay!  ;D
Awesome! ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

mah62

I've just spent a long wet, windy week here in the UK stalking the build section for the first time! I can't believe the quality of the builds from the peeps on this site, i need need to raise my game 1000%! This one is beautiful, as your usually stuff seems to be!

Beware of squatters, though, in this one :-)

Mark