Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow gear clone

Started by Matt, January 07, 2014, 05:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmaliser

Fantastic and thank you for OSH'ing it..Well done that man

stevewire

Very cool!  I definitely want to build a Slow Gear in the future.

slimtriggers

Yeah, this is one of those pedals I've always wanted to try, but never end up getting around to it.  I may finally give it a shot.  Thanks for sharing this  8)

the3secondrule

any suggestions for setting the trimmer?

I've got this built, but not getting a huge amount of swell yet...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Matt

Ggg site says to set the sensitivity to noon and the attack all the way up. Then set the trimpot so that their is little to no volume drop between on and bypass.  To be clear, don't worry about the swell, just the overall effect level.  Then you should be good to go.

I did mine a bit differently because when I used the above method, there was a small portion of the attack at ccw that was unusable.  So I set the attack to full ccw, the sensitivity to noon and dialed in the best swell without volume loss.  FWIW.
Matt

zenless

Looks like I'm a little late, but anyone have one of these?

GermanCdn

Quote from: zenless on March 19, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

i've got a spare, drop me a pm
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Tremster

I just ordered a set of three and will have two spares, if anyone in EU wants one. Or two.

Leevibe

Anyone who's built this willing to post a clip? I've always been curious about these and have thought about doing one.

I have a TC Nova Dynamics that can be dialed to do this type of effect. I've wondered how close it comes to the slow gear.

zenless

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 19, 2014, 01:20:28 PM
Quote from: zenless on March 19, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

i've got a spare, drop me a pm

PM was dropped  8)