News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SPDX and a Stagefright, also my first enviro

Started by jimilee, June 11, 2013, 04:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So finally here is my Zero Point and my stagefright, both sound fantastic, and as always excellent work Dr. Bean! The audio blows on this one, not sure what happened.

Stage fright!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/stagefright[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Wow, Jimi! Your ZP is amazing. I think that's handsdown the coolest enclosure I've seen you do.

spaceboss

Yeah the ZP is boss. And the Motorhead theme is most suitable for a bassist!

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on June 11, 2013, 07:02:13 PM
Wow, Jimi! Your ZP is amazing. I think that's handsdown the coolest enclosure I've seen you do.
Wow! Thanks Jon! That means alot coming from you. I learned I should wait for the waterslide to dry completely or it will come up on the edges!
After I did these 2, I reread the tutorial on how to do enviro,so then next ones will be much better.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: midwayfair on June 11, 2013, 07:02:13 PM
I made a ZP as well but am ashamed to post it on here after seeing Jimi's

BRAVO!!!!
that one is sexah! ;D
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

Stomptown

These look great! I like the at the zero point turned out. The corners look like a burnt map! 

Parra

nice ones, i like the way the corners of the ZP decal came out. that gave me a cool idea, if i ever make it happen will be thanks to you!

jimilee

Quote from: Parra on June 12, 2013, 01:37:54 AM
nice ones, i like the way the corners of the ZP decal came out. that gave me a cool idea, if i ever make it happen will be thanks to you!
I too was inspired by those before me. Whenever I come across a cool image, I save it. I've had this one for months now. The corners were just a bonus I guess. Still trying to improve enviro, I know what I'm going to do next time to improve thanks to Marauder and Juan solo.

das234

The "Ouija" Point is slick (but I'm a little scared of the Stage Fright).  Both pedals are on my build list!

ch1naski

Jimi, if those knobs are illuminated, I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill you. ;D

Freaking top notch job, man!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

billstein

Jimi. Nice job! What do you think f the stage fright? Just ordered the board.

raulduke

hoodoo

Both look great Jimi, no one's mentioned yet how neat the insides are on these complex builds, your best builds so far i reckon, all the best, Matt.

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on June 12, 2013, 06:31:50 AM
Jimi. Nice job! What do you think f the stage fright? Just ordered the board.
Stage fright sounds great. The pulsing light is neat, but it sounds like every other phaser I've built so far.
Quote from: hoodoo on June 12, 2013, 09:51:25 AM
Both look great Jimi, no one's mentioned yet how neat the insides are on these complex builds, your best builds so far i reckon, all the best, Matt.
Thank you matt, I really appreciate that. The stage fright started out looking neat and went down hill pretty quickly.  :P