News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pair of delays and some firsts for the new year!

Started by Luke51411, January 11, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I built a multiplex a while back and love it! I built the modulation board on perf and modded it so you can have modulation on either or both delay lines of the multiplex. The second build is a Rebote delay on vero, it's the first rebote I've built!!! This is also the first time I've used waterslide decals! I like it but I need to perfect my methods and also be more patient as twice I tried to spray the clear coat on too soon... I left the rebote as is because it wasn't too bad but I redid the multiplex decal. The rebote is for a friend, this is the first build I've made for a friend as well! Without further ado here they are

Oh, this is also the first time I've used jumbo jewel LED indicators! Love the way they look.

selfdestroyer

Those LED bezels look awesome. Great artwork also.

Cody

TGP39

Looks absolutely professional to me!  I've got to jump on the vero bandwagon. I'm missing out on so many fun builds. Great way to start '15 Luke. Keep them coming.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Luke51411

Quote from: TGP39 on January 11, 2015, 11:41:55 PM
Looks absolutely professional to me!  I've got to jump on the vero bandwagon. I'm missing out on so many fun builds. Great way to start '15 Luke. Keep them coming.

Steve.
Thanks! The flaws are apparent up close but not bad considering it's my first time with decals! I'm loving it! Though now I have one more thing to put time into, creating artwork or I should say googling pictures and editing with gimp shop! They look so much more professional though!

Luke51411

And yeah vero is a ton a fun! I hit a wall with it though until I realized I needed to leave an extra row so I could board mount the pots. A lot more of them get boxed now.

mcasemo

I love the artwork and fancy back side decal.  It took me way to long to realize extra rows can be used for pot mounts. 

morganp

Dang, those look mighty fine.  I especially like the simple and effective arrangement for the Multiplex.  The simple font and lack of images leaves it feeling uncluttered, despite having a lot of stuff going on.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

bcalla

Very nice!  I like how you managed to center the rotary switch on the multiplex.

cooder

Damn fine builds, great looks! Let the year roll on...! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Luke51411

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The multiplex is my favorite delay yet. If you haven't built one yet, what are you waiting for? I do like the Rebote a lot for slap back echo maybe the best sounding of any I've built! It gets a bit noisy with longer delays. It must be one of the lesser filtered delays I'm assuming.

luks999

fanstastic, especially the multiplex :)
you just brought me to the multiplex, (never head from it before) now i wanna build one too ;)

Luke51411

It's the last delay you'll ever ne..... Ah wait who am I kidding?

flanagan0718

Great work Luke! Iv'e been thinking about getting a multiplex too. I have so many other delay board to build right now...might still get one tho.
What is your opinion on the Rebote? I've built a few and I think they sound really good for a PT delay.

Luke51411

Quote from: flanagan0718 on January 12, 2015, 03:12:09 PM
Great work Luke! Iv'e been thinking about getting a multiplex too. I have so many other delay board to build right now...might still get one tho.
What is your opinion on the Rebote? I've built a few and I think they sound really good for a PT delay.
I'd definitely move the Multiplex up the list, it does things I haven't heard from any other delay. The Rebote sounds nice! It gives cleaner more "true" reflections to my ear, less filtered which IMO is what makes it sound so good for slapback echo. I built it for a friend that is new to stompboxes so I wanted something simple which is why I picked the 2 knob version. After playing it, I might have to build one for myself as the delay flavor is quite a bit different from anything else I've built. The downside is that it seems like you get noise a bit earlier in the delay length but for what it does well, it does really well!