News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin weird behavior

Started by brejna, October 03, 2013, 08:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi, I've build over the weekend sea urchin and it works... it is mine second one...
but everytime I unplug power, wait 10 sec and plug power again there is no delay, than I have to take out 2399 IC or 7805 regulator and pedal works.. Weird?!?! Any ideas why?

Brane

Thomas_H

Sounds like your PT2399 is locking up.

There is a lot of information about locked up chips and how to prevent over at the FSB forum. Search for PT2399 locking up.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

brejna

Thanks, I've found also one topic here on the MBP so we will see.. I did try 4-5 different 2399, some of them are from ebay and some from tayda and symptom is same with all of them, I did also change 7805 and TL072..

brejna

Found the solution and it works normally  :)
If anyone comes to the same problem as I did, just check the power that is coming from R7 it should be around 9V as Brian mentioned in the thread below

link:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3995.15

Thanks Thomas for the advice

Gledison

Quote from: brejna on October 03, 2013, 09:30:37 AM
Found the solution and it works normally  :)
If anyone comes to the same problem as I did, just check the power that is coming from R7 it should be around 9V as Brian mentioned in the thread below

link:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3995.15

Thanks Thomas for the advice
hi, I will build the same pedal soon and was curious about the 33ohm resistor. in that thread it says that it could be changed by a jumper if one is using battery for example.  But the guy says that with a jumper the LM 7895 was getting pretty hot... do u have the 33ohm or did u jumper it?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

brejna

Best thing is to avoid using battery, cause it won't last to much.. maybe 3-4 hours (my experience)
I've changed 33R resistor for a 56R and everything went normall, one thing that I did noticed is when I changed 7805 regulator voltage was 7.5v in first case and in the other 8.0v. So this is also one of things you look after.
In my case whenever voltage on pin 8 of Tl072 was below 7v I had that issue with locking 2399

Brane