News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 90 with optical speed control

Started by brejna, December 01, 2013, 09:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi everyone, this is mine try on Phase90 which I build 8-9 months ago. I've used tonepad schematic and Soldermans layout that I literally redraw in diptrace.
Mods I did are:
-Depth pot
-Resonance pot (if you take out resistance you get oscillations )
-Selectable Optical speed control or pot control
-Volume drop mod
Mods are in the schematic..
Hope you like it
Cheers

fendman

Very Nice Brane...I like your style, the demo is superb...and shows off the ldr control which is great :) I have seen others do these mods but I think yours comes out tops.
I might try this.
Thanks
Mike

jprizz

Very cool, I hadn't seen that done before.

Cortexturizer

Must be the coolest phase 90 build I have ever seen! Bravo sir! And your tone is awesome, perfect even. MY god such a fat great distortion, what are you using there?

I love the optical control you got there, but say you're in total dark, do you have to wear these

:P

kiddin, fantastic build, love it! We haven't heard any of the resonance if I am not mistaken, how does that sound?
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

GrindCustoms

That's absolutely fantastic!

Really need to try that.....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

brejna

Thanks guys for kind words, really appreciate.
I am glad that you like the idea.
Optical mode depends on the enviroment alot and also I have little light that I made for the pedal, so it can be controlled on stage, but I'm not using it or I could get those
converce sneakers with light :-D
Resonance is not doing much, except if you turn it down you get this mad  very loud oscillation that is syncronized with the speed and on higher values you can hear bit of sound distortion which I ussualy  use with drive and in between are combinations for clean sound.
That drive sound on youtube is from mine Peavey JSX 212 Combo on the crunch channel with 30% gain and flat eq. I had some periods of doubts with this amp, but when I tried few vintage instruments with it, amp really shined in those situations. So I kept it. Generally I think that it's great amp for all kind of music.
The only problem with this amp it is 40kg weight :-D

sonarchotic

mshuptar

That optical speed control is really cool and I dig your playing! Nice job! Sweet demo!

pryde

Awesome build and demo! I never thought about phaser optical control. Digging your playing and tone  :)

brejna

Quote from: sonarchotic on December 02, 2013, 01:14:11 AM
Yep, awesome!

Quote from: mshuptar on December 02, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
That optical speed control is really cool and I dig your playing! Nice job! Sweet demo!
Quote from: pryde on December 02, 2013, 02:26:20 PM
Awesome build and demo! I never thought about phaser optical control. Digging your playing and tone  :)

Thanks, glad that you like my playing :D

slimtriggers

Wow!  That sounds great!  Nice work, man  8)

jimilee

Dammit man! We can all stop building phasers now, this is just amazing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.