News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help w/Tayda UV file Illustrator

Started by geekmacdaddy, November 07, 2023, 10:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekmacdaddy

Hey Ya'lls
This is my first attempt, simple text (converted for printing) on a white BB enclosure. I thought the size was all done to scale, but they keep rejecting it (wrong size). Can someone help?
Thanks in advance
Jeff

jwin615

I'm far from an expert on this. Still figuring it out myself but I think you are supposed to have 3 pages in your PDF labeled white, color and gloss.

Willybomb

I've done a few of these now, and I would start by downloading their BB template.

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/enclosure-uv-printing-service.html

I use the .AI as I use illustrator for these, and then save the final as a PDF as they specify.  TBH, your PDF looks way too big for a BB.

Here's one of mine (search the build reports for "Willybomb" if you want to see more):

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34553.msg33025

And I'll attach the file for it so you can see what it should look like:

Bio77

Solid advice from Willy.  You should copy and paste your graphics into their template.  Although your text is the right BB size the art board is too large.  Also, their template is going to have the layers already set up for the white, color, and gloss.  Definitely recommend adding the gloss (I like the matte gloss best).  It looks way better and adds durability. It's easy to do, just copy your graphics into the color layer first, next copy everything into the gloss layer and change the color to the gloss preset color.

jessenator

Agreed. Much easier to just use their templates most of the time.

I haven't seen your file, so I can't say for certain, but here's what I could deduce from a rejection being "wrong size_

The key is that not only the art itself needs to be constrained to the sizes they list, but the actual artboard needs to be as well. Sometimes illustrator can cut corners for the user, but coming from twenty years in the print graphic design space, not all print vendors use the same workflow, and my experience with Tayda is more for streamlining the flow from start to finish, which requires the end user to do much of the prepress work. I don't mind, this is my wheelhouse.

geekmacdaddy