News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking V3 Ture Bypass not working?

Started by Roctopus, December 26, 2011, 11:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Hello,

I just got at V3 Sunking PCB and want to wire it 3PDT TrueBypass. I removed C3, R3, R28, 29, R30, and added RTB (1M) as per the directions. I also left S1 and S4 unconnected as instructed. The effect works when engaged but does not work in bypass mode. Perhaps my wiring is incorrect. This is how it looks currently:

Jamiroking

Hey Man,
I haven't built the true bypass version of this but it looks like your signal being routed straight to ground when the 3PDT is in the position connecting the top left node with the mid left node.

-Kevin

jkokura

That's not true bypass If you are wiring it in that way. I think you should use the stock true bypass wiring you can find on the projects page.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on December 27, 2011, 12:59:16 AM
That's not true bypass If you are wiring it in that way. I think you should use the stock true bypass wiring you can find on the projects page.

Jacob

Hey Jacob,

So I wired it up according to the Madbean 3PDT method found on the peoject page and it worked, both engaged and bypass. However, and this may all be sociological, but it sounded better before when the bypass wasn't working. It might just be ear fatigue ;) Any thoughts?

And I'm curious, according to the Sunking V3 doc., Madbean states that "If using a 3PDT, wire the two outside columns of lugs, leaving the middle column completely unconnected." Could you please explain why that is suggested instead of the standard 3PDT wiring diagram? And/Or maybe show how to correctly wire according to the doc. w/o using that mid column.

jkokura

I don't know about the first question, I would need more details.

The second question, that's just if you are using ye buffered bypass and are using a 3PDT switch and not a DPDT switch. In the buffered bypass version, you only need two poles. You can use a switch has 3 poles, you just only need to use 2 poles of the three available.

You would need to install all the parts needed for buffered bypass. I recommend using the buffer by the way.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals