News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover 1024 stage to 512??

Started by Bio77, August 12, 2023, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I was toying with the idea of substituting a MN3204 (512 stages) into my 3207 (1024 stage) Current Lover.  I know the clock is buffered and there isn't a big win to be had by this substitution.  But what I was wondering is when the original SAD Electric Mistress was redesigned for 1024 stages of the Panasonic BBDs, was the clock noise filtering in the circuit also redesigned? 

I've already subbed in the 3204 into the existing circuit but the range of the clock frequency can't get below 50kHz to adjust to the classic frequency range.  Meaning I have to do some surgery if I want to adjust it down.  I'd hate to do that if the filtering isn't set up to take out the ~35kHz clock noise.   

danfrank

35kHz clock noise isn't going to be a problem for you unless you have Lindsey Wagner ears! Lol!
All you should have to do is adjust the time constant of the LM311 to get down to 30-35kHz. Unfortunately, I'm not well versed in how the 311 works in this application...

danfrank

Ok, I found a schematic that uses a LM311 with the SAD1024 for the 35kHz clock. See attached. The only difference I see is 50K trimmer, 47pf instead of 22pf and a 10k resistor on the output of the 311 to "VR". I don't know if that 10k really is necessary though. Maybe this reply is better suited for your other post...