News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie Question - add a level pot?

Started by mlabbee, January 20, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

Would it be possible to add an effect level pot to the Smoothie?  If so, where would it go and what value would you use?  It looks to me like you would want to replace R15, right?  Would you use a 10k pot or something larger or smaller?  I'm assuming you'd want an audio taper, too, right? 

jeffaroo

throw it on the breadboard and give it a try
sometimes we learn from experimentation, sometimes we learn from failure
look at me .....i quit touching fire
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

midwayfair

Quote from: mlabbee on January 20, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Would it be possible to add an effect level pot to the Smoothie?  If so, where would it go and what value would you use?  It looks to me like you would want to replace R15, right?  Would you use a 10k pot or something larger or smaller?  I'm assuming you'd want an audio taper, too, right? 

What do you mean "Level" pot? Do you mean the output volume or the effect volume?

If you want to add a pot that controls the amount of wet signal -- i.e. a mix or depth control -- here's one way: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5232.0

It's possible to JUST swap out R15 for a 10K pot, but it won't block as much wet signal as doing both R15 and R16 and it'll sound a little odd. Taper isn't important if you're just doing R15.

jimilee

The effect is so minor anyway, the speed pot make is barely noticeable already
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mlabbee

Quote from: midwayfair on January 20, 2013, 11:24:51 PM
What do you mean "Level" pot? Do you mean the output volume or the effect volume?

If you want to add a pot that controls the amount of wet signal -- i.e. a mix or depth control -- here's one way: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5232.0

It's possible to JUST swap out R15 for a 10K pot, but it won't block as much wet signal as doing both R15 and R16 and it'll sound a little odd. Taper isn't important if you're just doing R15.

I'm looking to control the wet signal - that link looks like just what I'm looking for.  Thanks!