News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

kingslayer or sunking v3?

Started by gtangas, February 03, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hi guys

The godfather of one of my girls ask me to build a klon centaurus... Until today i´v never heard of it! and saying this i ask my apologies to all. I look in ebay and...  :o   Jesus!!!

browse the web for the mystic around this pedal.  ;D Love the part where they cover part of the circuit/pcb!

I see Brian have two projects for this beast: Kingslayer and sunking.

I would like to ask you guys the way to go...

what is the most similar to the klon?

Thx

madbean

The Sunking is the Klon, so if that is what you are after then I would go with that. The Kingslayer is very Klon-like but with some extra bells and whistles. Both are good sounding overdrives.

gtangas

Hi Brian!

Then that's the way i will go

Thanks

Sergio

midwayfair

I'd build a Kingslayer. It can do every sound that the Sunking can do, but it's just better all around and the clipping options are very nice. Just tell your friend that the design added some options. He doesn't have to know that the power section and first op amp are better in the Kingslayer. ;)

gtangas

Quote from: midwayfair on February 03, 2013, 11:17:43 PM
I'd build a Kingslayer. It can do every sound that the Sunking can do, but it's just better all around and the clipping options are very nice. Just tell your friend that the design added some options. He doesn't have to know that the power section and first op amp are better in the Kingslayer. ;)

Hi midwayfair

The kingslayer was my first idea but after Brian opinion... 

I'm having a hard time finding the Panasonic caps...

What's yours opinion on using most common film caps?

madbean

The original Klon used the Panasonic ECQ-B caps. You can still find some of these at smallbear but they may not have all values. That series was replaced with the ECQ-V. Those are more widely available.

But, really, any decent film cap will work, so long as they are 5mm spaced on the leads.

gtangas

Brian sorry about the off topic but can you give a help on the Tubescreamer post?
Thx

gtangas

Quote from: madbean on February 04, 2013, 01:03:00 PM
The original Klon used the Panasonic ECQ-B caps. You can still find some of these at smallbear but they may not have all values. That series was replaced with the ECQ-V. Those are more widely available.

But, really, any decent film cap will work, so long as they are 5mm spaced on the leads.

Brian

I found some Panasonic Low ESR caps with all the values on the sunking list.
What´s your opinion on using this caps since you suggest the ecq-v?

thx