News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smallbear is getting transformed!

Started by madbean, February 10, 2013, 02:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

pickdropper

I wouldn't call it ideal, but it certainly is an improvement.  I hope they make some of the categories (like ICs) a bit more descriptive than "group 1", "group 2", etc...

Now if only we could get PPP to change the way you buy powder coated enclosures.  Love their enclosures, but that site...
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

Tempted to deem this the "Mammoth effect."
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

pryde

Hey looking much better.

Now he just needs to get those 3PDT prices lower. Still $4.95  ???

culturejam

It looks like the same ecommerce package that Tayda uses. I think it's ProStores.

Good for Steve.  :)

Quote from: pryde on February 10, 2013, 04:06:00 PM
Now he just needs to get those 3PDT prices lower. Still $4.95  ???

Shit, for years they were $10.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

The one thing I wish he could do beyond this is put links to datasheets for some of the stuff he carries. A big task, but it would be extremely convenient.

lincolnic

I wish he'd copy Mammoth's design and let you add multiple resistor/capacitor values to your cart at the same time. That move is such an obvious improvement, I can't understand why Mammoth is the only site set up to do it.

whitebread47

Quote from: pickdropper on February 10, 2013, 02:58:14 PM
I wouldn't call it ideal, but it certainly is an improvement.  I hope they make some of the categories (like ICs) a bit more descriptive than "group 1", "group 2", etc...

Now if only we could get PPP to change the way you buy powder coated enclosures.  Love their enclosures, but that site...

Agreed 100% on this.

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Micpoc

It looks marginally better... I guess that's something.  :) Being mostly a one-man operation, it's still pretty impressive.

Cortexturizer

Tayda has the best store ever. I am amazed at how well thought through is the whole shopping experience, and order tracking, everything is one click away. One of the best stores ever.
Small Bear - thumbs up for this improvement!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pedalman

Quote from: Grigori on February 13, 2013, 03:11:32 AM
It looks marginally better... I guess that's something.  :) Being mostly a one-man operation, it's still pretty impressive.
lol, behind every one-man operation is a wife cracking the whip !
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aballen

It does look a lot better, now if the PT 2399s were no longer 3.95... still best selection of knobs and out if production FETs, ICs etc

... Agreed about PPP as well, love their enclosures, but the paint charges are a bit of a mess

Axe_34

Quote from: Cortexturizer on February 13, 2013, 09:47:33 AM
Tayda has the best store ever. I am amazed at how well thought through is the whole shopping experience, and order tracking, everything is one click away. One of the best stores ever.
Small Bear - thumbs up for this improvement!

Absolutely. I cringe when I think of the time and extra money I've wasted on other online stores. Ordering at Tayda is a snap (Small Bear starts asking you to type in a verification number if your order passes a certain limit). Plus, their prices are -- in some cases -- one-tenth what they are at other retailers. I can't believe I was spending almost $4 for a PT2399 when they're .59 -- yes, 59 cents -- at Tayda.

As much as I love the enclosure at PPP, ordering them is ridiculous. First, you have to order the enclosure. Then you have to order the paint job. Then you have to order the colour. And if you have multiple sizes and colours, you have to add a note so they know which colour goes with which enclosure. It's incredibly inefficient.

gtr2

I don't complain much about any of the sites, we are lucky to have a good selection compared to a few years ago!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer