News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIYGP Berserker Fuzz Sound Demo / Build Report

Started by chromesphere, April 07, 2015, 06:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hey dudes,

Here is my take on the fuzz factory.  Only main mod was I added an input tone control or "body" control which you can see in action in the sound demo. Makes some unusable settings usable and vice versa. 

For those that watch my videos, you may have noticed that I've started updating my video 'production' somewhat, basically investing a lot more time into the visual presentation of information, overlays and getting a little creative and just some boring SEO stuff (clearer thumbnails, branding, etc).  But also trying not to get TOO overproduced...I want to keep things relatively natural. 

Anyway, hope you like the changes.  I mean that.  Cause the videos take 3 times longer to edit these days lol :)

Build Report

Sound Demo
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

cooder

Great demos, cool pedal, the body control seems indeed quite useful!
BigNoise Amplification

luks999

sounds really good, eventhough im not a fuzzfactory fan :)
your videos are really well done ;)

chromesphere

Jebus

I love those really gating sounds FF can make. Awesome build!  :)

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Cortexturizer

Hey Paul, I used the same transistors as you did, same gains same everything (well, you sent me the exactly alike ones lol) and I don't get oscillations at all, maybe just some ugly fat low end oscillation on a very specific setting. Sounds incredible as a fuzz but I don't get the fun oscillations at all. You haven't shown any in the sound demo video, do you even get the oscillations yourself with those trannies?
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

chromesphere

Hey mate,
Oh yeah, it oscillates like mad!  Do you have some higher gain transistors you can test? Maybe some leaky ones?