News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard - Completed build #4 of...lost count

Started by chromesphere, October 18, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Finished the Boneyard and the yellow shark (yellow shark report to follow once the knobs arrive).  Some surgeon-like wiring with the boneyard in a BB but wasnt as bad as i expected. Went with diffuse LEDS, as you can see in the photos, they are flat.  Paint job was a bit different too. Sprayed it with my dads spraygun and arylic.  The arcylic scratches very easy before gloss, but goes on really evenly.  Id definitely use it again.  The effect sounds good, not like i've used it much.  Too busy building stuff  :-\

Thanks for looking
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

CK1

nzCdog

TNblueshawk

John

bigmufffuzzwizz

I really like the graphic/finish especially how the left has the little blue and the right has the orangish glow. The image is downright evil too!!
Do you have any trouble hitting the middle footswitch?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chromesphere

Hey thanks guys,
The graphics are actually from the PC game "Diablo".  I was looking for something...boney.  Diablo graphics are a treasure trove :) Shame the bottom part is cut off a bit..I wish i had of placed the dials a little higher.  I usually like leaving the plastic rings on the footswitches, but i might take them off for this one.

I usually play my guitar seated on the floor infront of my amp.  I was playing standing up the other and i was hitting the individual switches pretty well, but i didnt have shoes on.  I suspect it could be a bit tight if you had to hit one in a hurry with shoes on.
Paul.

bigmufffuzzwizz

hah I used to play Diablo. I'll have to go check out that artwork, I think its right up my alley! Thanks for the tip
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chromesphere

Yeah you can find all sorts of sinister pictures :)  I think the flaming skulls picture i used was fan art.

chromesphere

Actually have had some time to play these pedals.  Not a bad one amongst the 3 of them...(boneyard, yellow shark, uproar).  I've recorded some sound clips of each if you dont have one and want to hear what they are about.  Here are the boneyard clips:

Boneyard, Hi-Gain Channel, Gain on full:
www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/Boneyard_High_Gain_Full.mp3

Boneyard, Crunch Channel, Crunch on full into Uproar, Gain on half.
www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/Boneyard_Crunch_Full_Uproar_Half_gain.mp3

Paul

nzCdog

chromesphere

The level out of my SG is pretty low, i suspect that a boost infront of the boneyard would push it harder.  I'll have to try that.

Although its difficult to pick 'my favourite diy pedals of all time', if i was to only build 3 distortion / OD pedals, these 3 would be contenders.  Honeybee for OD, Boneyard for mid gain - marshallesque, and uproar for hi-gain.  The 3 of them just kick ass!

Paul

shawnee

Great soundclips! I think you captured the tone of the Boneyard very well.
I couldn't get my uproar to sound that good. Maybe I should revisit that one.