News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Completed Uproar - Suhr Riot

Started by chromesphere, October 22, 2011, 06:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,
Another one checked off the list.  I had some graphics for this one, simple stuff, a picture of a molotov and labels.  The decal didnt work out so good. Long story short, i scraped it and went with stickers.  Stickers are my "CBF'ed" option no doubt, but i actually like how the whole thing turned out with this one.  The haphazard labeling is deliberate, i wasnt drunk...maybe...?

The main issue with this one was too tight around the dials.  You cant read the top row very well.  I could get the slim style mammoth knobs to fix that though. That and the decal were the two main problems.

First time i've used a 125b and turned out to be a good choice.  You can fit a car with the doors open inside one of those.  I decided to include a batt snap with this build for that reason.  Tonnes of room!

And finally, how does it sound?  Love it!  So glad i built it.  Its got some balls on it, ill give it that.  Definitely my sort of distortion.  I like heavy, growling distortion.  Not scooped mids "metal" distortion.  Appeals to me more.  i like all the mods too.  Sometimes you get mods that dont make much difference to the sound or do bad things.  The Uproar mods are all worth it if you ask me.  I didnt do the facemelter mod though, starting to wish i had of.

Thanks for reading the novel :)

Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

nzCdog

Very tidy build chromesphere... nice job fitting those pots and switches up there
I love my Uproar too, such a brutal marshall-esque distortion!

keysandguitars

Lol...cbf'd.  ;D I enjoyed reading the novel and seeing the build, tidy work. I love 125B's, I think I'm using them for most of my builds going forward. I like the height and I like the space.

I'm jealous you knocked it out before I did. I need to order a couple components to finish mine.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

chromesphere

Thanks guys.
I always laugh at your quote nzCdog, thats a good one lol
The stickers dont look as good as a waterslide, but they have their uses.  They are good on dark colored boxes (including black, i have silver colored ones as well) and as a back up plan, which come in handy for this particular build.
Once i focus Keys, theres no stopping me :)  just got the zombii, aristocrat, one knob fuzz and centaur to go! Might be a bit of a delay with those though, need more parts from Mammoth.
Paul

thetrend77

Where'd you get those stickers? I think they look great!

chromesphere

Thanks thetrend,
I started a thread about this some time ago on 'the other' forum, (sorry to link to it Madbean).  There are pictures of other builds i have done with the stickers, and some info. 

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=90505.0

The distributor in australia is called "Renoir".  Some guy on there says he found the manufacturer is in holland.  I would check at your arts and crafts shop for this kind of thing, apparently their pretty common.  I got mine from Spotlight, an arts and crafts warehouse in australia.  These were the best looking, and the best size.
Hope that info helps!
Paul

nzCdog

Hey your other builds look awesome too!  Those stickers are interesting... I like their '3D' quality :)

chromesphere

Thanks nzCdog, i appreciate the comment.  The stickers are "3d".  They have an embossed look, i think thats why i like them.

I've had a bit of time to play some of these pedals.  I think the Uproar is my favourite hi-gain distortion that i have built so far.  It just nails it. 

Thought i would add a clip to each of my build reports.  Hope you like:

Uproar, Gain on full:
www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/Uproar_Full_Gainl.mp3

Boneyard, Crunch Channel, Crunch on full into Uproar, Gain on half.
www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/Boneyard_Crunch_Full_Uproar_Half_gain.mp3

Paul

nzCdog

They sound pretty cool stacked, huh!
;D