News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage / Rangemaster Newbie Question

Started by pedalbob, January 30, 2024, 09:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalbob

Hi-
Building a Rangemaster with one of the original Rangemaster PCB's (so it doesn't have the charge pump/voltage inverter already on the effect board) and I also have a Road Rage board that I want to use to supply the -9v.

Question 1: I've read thru all of the build documents for both in the Road Rage document  says something like "...when using as a voltage inverter for Positive Ground effetct connect the -9V pad and the "G" pad to the effect board  ... but if it is a fuzz just connect the -9v lead to the effect board".  Does this mean for "non-fuzz" effects I connect the -9v as well as the "G" (ground) from the Road Rage to the Rangemaster Board  but if I was building a Fuzz (like a MAngler or Bumblebee" I don't connect the "G" ground on the Road Rage to anything on the effect board ?

Question 2: Do I do anything differently with the sleeve or sleeve/ring connections on the output and input jacks because of using the RoadRage?  (i.e. what Ground do I connect them to ? on the Rangemster Board or Roadrage Board or it doesn't matter ?)

Thanks for any help.  I've never built a Positive Ground effect before and while I can follow the Rangemaster Diagram if I was just using a battery my head got twisted with the Road Rage instructions.