News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremulus Lune - Blinking LED's resistor

Started by JackSkellington, February 29, 2020, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSkellington

I built a Tremulus Lune some years ago using a tagboard veroboard layout.
I want to build another one, but I have a doubt. I used in my first one the LFO red LED 5mm as blinking LED. It's always on. I included it because I followed the layout and I liked the idea. And I used a red LED because I saw other people used that color.
I can't understand if the blinking LED is necessary to the circuit. Can I remove it? This was just a theorical hypothesis, because I would like to know if that LED doesn't count with the main effect circuit maybe I can change the color or adjust even the brightness if I keep it. I see a 1k resistor (R13) to the ground from the negative side of the LED. Maybe I can change that like we do with a staus LED?

This is the schematic.

Thansk!
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

mjg

I'm pretty sure you can play with R12 and R13 and the rate LED...I seem to remember I did that on my build.   I would think you can remove them too if you like. 

JackSkellington

So, R12 and R13 will not change the effect. If that's correct I'll try it! :)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

jimilee

Quote from: JackSkellington on March 01, 2020, 05:55:09 PM
So, R12 and R13 will not change the effect. If that's correct I'll try it! :)
It won't audibly change the effect, just the blindly LED. Just socket the resistor and see if you find something you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.