News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

I've been talking to the sales person over at Tayda and they are adding a lot of stuff to their site! These include enclosures (1590B for now) and 3pdt switchs as someone else had mentioned. Upon talking to the person they told me they are trying to add more products for pedal builders to make it less stops for what you need. So they are working on DC power jacks, 1/4" jacks, more metal film resistors, more transistors, and adding poly box caps which they said will be half the price of other places but will be stocked 1 by 1 as its a pricey investment. I wanted to ask all of you if there was more products I should mention for them to add to their site. It seems to me like they are trying to make a great shop better!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Cool, I just ordered some stuff the other day.  Shipping was reasonable about $5.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cjkbug

quality jacks would be nice.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

dwstanford

They should get more knobs and switches also.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I mentioned jacks which they are working on. I'll add the "quality" part in too! Next email I'll tell them more knobs and switchs  :)

night-B

Their 1590b are already out of stock  :o

dwstanford

Has anyone used their enclosures, 3pdt switches, or metal film resistors?  I was thinking about ordering some.  If so, what quality are they?

junkemail86

I ordered a few 3PDT switch, and they seem the same quality as all of the other blue ones I've used.

cjkbug

I wouldn't order a huge lot of stomp switches until they are verified to work well. I got a good sized order of stompers from an asian source and 2 out of 10 failed within a couple of weeks of light use. just start slow with those as they are some of the most costly staples we use.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

gtr2

Quote from: cjkbug on May 20, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
I wouldn't order a huge lot of stomp switches until they are verified to work well. I got a good sized order of stompers from an asian source and 2 out of 10 failed within a couple of weeks of light use. just start slow with those as they are some of the most costly staples we use.

+1
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yes everytime I talk to the sales rep I will remember to mention quality. It really does make a big difference.

jtn191

+1 on more knobs, switches, jacks

other things I'd like to see: more values of 25v caps, more pedal friendly diodes, trannies, & ICs (like what mammoth has)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jtn191 on May 21, 2011, 11:01:52 AM
+1 on more knobs, switches, jacks

other things I'd like to see: more values of 25v caps, more pedal friendly diodes, trannies, & ICs (like what mammoth has)

Sounds good. I'll send them another email later today with all your suggestions! Hopefully this will help to reduce number of places to order, which means less shipping costs and happy people.  ;D

night-B

I just received some pots from tayda today and they all have condoms  ;D

sgmezei

does anyone want to PM me that tayda coupon. I am ordering right now....