News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Low Rider build

Started by sjaustin, August 08, 2014, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaustin

This was a really fun build to lay out and assemble. I always love it when something with this many components works on the first try. I did find the 2SK30 transistors were kind of noisy and swapped them out for 2N5457 as Brian recommends, which seemed to help. Fun effect! Not sure how long I'll keep it around—it's awesome on single note lines but not so great at fattening two-note chords for swells, which is what I had hoped to do with it. (I guess I just need a POG for that.)

Decal was once again designed by my talented friend Dave, although I botched it pretty good by not realizing the decal stock had a film on it, but we won't go into that and we'll just say the graininess was intentional... and hope the lacquer holds up.

TGP39

Wow. Beautiful clean build, top mounted jacks and that faceplate design is dynamite.  Congrats. :)
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

pepsiman

Leevibe

Beautifully built and very clever artwork! I love the arrow motif.

diablochris6

Looks really good on the inside, and that logo is perfect.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

selfdestroyer

Your artwork came out great. Beautiful build.

Cody

jprizz

That graphic is AWESOME! Very clever use of the arrows. And one heck of a tidy build in there as well!

sjaustin

Thanks for the kind words, guys! (And if anyone is interested in a closer look, I'm actually probably going to sell this build.  ;))

Quote from: pepsiman on September 29, 2014, 09:22:04 PM
have the layou, PDF
I can send you the PDF of the decal I used if that's what you're looking for. Send me a PM.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings