News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Laying On Of Hands

Started by pickdropper, April 09, 2014, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I haven't had much build time lately, but this board has been sitting around too long waiting to be boxed, so I snuck it in.

This is basically the first version of the EP Booster with the bass boost instead of the unity switch.  I added an internal 18V charge pump circuit as well as a switch to go between 9V/18V.  I think this will be useful for me for multi-builds as there is a switched 9V/18V output pad on the PCB for pairing it with another circuit.  I am planning on putting it with a Tube Screamer in a future build with the switch.

A couple of miscellaneous notes about the build:

1.)  If you can't read the text by the 9V/18V switch it's because the pedal is speaking in tongues NOT because I chose an absurdly small font.

2.)  I used a slightly lower CLR than I usually do with this type of LED, so when the pedal is turned on, you are blinded by a bright white light.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

That is so tight.  Layout, laser etch, so clean.....Love those little blue caps too, they look like candy!  What brand are those?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

Quote from: rullywowr on April 09, 2014, 12:45:00 PM
That is so tight.  Layout, laser etch, so clean.....Love those little blue caps too, they look like candy!  What brand are those?

Those are TDK MLCC caps (stocked at Mouser).  I'm a really big fan of those.  Those are big ones, too: 10uF/25V
Function f(x)

wolfingsworth

Awesome work again Dave! I hadn't heard anything about the EP booster but it must be good if it's worthy of a pickdropper build!

wgc

Gotta say my prayers!  This could only be more awesome if you had a blue dip sw. 
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Tremster

Very, very cool. As always.
Edit: you should start your own pedal company.

I had an EP Booster and liked it a lot. But then I got into DIY, built several Fatpants, and sold it.
Did you compare the two?

midwayfair

Huh, Pickdropper's a Paladin. And here I was sure he was a wizard.

Leevibe

That is so beautifully done Pickdropper. Wow 

nzCdog

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 09, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

I'm a Manna of many faces.  :-)
Function f(x)

Clayford

Quote from: midwayfair on April 09, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

Paladin's are just Church approved mages. Dispensations can be made to allow for "other" learning. Just ask Sparhawk ;)
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Govmnt_Lacky

All this talk is making me miss my D&D books!  ::)

Yep... I'm one of THOSE guys!!  8)

selfdestroyer

Pick, your just determined to get your font size under 10 points with that laser aren't you? lol

That PCB looks great in there. I lust love your layouts.

Cody

chromesphere

Hey Dave that looks great but when are you going to wire it up?  Oh wait I think I can see a wire there? :D
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Stomptown

This is awesome Dave! Very clean and the black PCB looks killer. If only the 3pdt board were black!  :o