News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New guy....

Started by MrSimple, October 10, 2013, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Welcome to a very rewarding and addictive hobby!  You'll find the community here is one of the BEST on the inter webs ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

MrSimple

You guys know what I am having the biggest problem with so far? Not knowing what these pedal names mean. I gather that they are somewhat based (loosely or other) on classic/existing pedals (mudbunny = big muff?) but when someone mentions a build and they reference the DIY name, I don't have the tribal knowledge to know what they mean. Is there a reference sheet/link that can help a yutz like me?

Thanks!

"If everything is possible, why do anything?" - J

irmcdermott

The build docs typically say what it's based on.

icecycle66

You know, I've built so many Mudbunnies that I don't even talk about them being Big Muffs anymore.

I'll start talking about "Mudbunny" and have to check myself (lest I wreck myself) and explain that I am talking about Muffs.

raulduke

Welcome!

Building pedals is awesome, and so is this forum  :)

gtr2

The great thing about the DIY scene is that you can build things that are non clone designs from members of the community.  So some build docs will not have "based on"

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

The other great part is building pedals that are not in production and cost four digits these days  8) (*cough*lovetone*cough*)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website