News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean oscillation poss 3pdt board?

Started by Jipo, October 06, 2013, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jipo

I wired a green bean board the other day and when I plug it in its no signal on one side of the switch and a violent oscillation on the other.  I used a mammoth electronic 3pdt board and am wondering if anyone is familiar with them.  I know the mad bean wiring is a bit different then I've ever done and this is also a first time using the 3pdt board and I'm thinking it may be that board.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated this is my first board from here and was really looking forward to firing it up!

jkokura

There's really one way to make sure - test the Green Bean separately from the 3PDT board. However, I would suspect the Green Bean I having an issue.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Jipo

OK so I've got the switch changed out and wired now I have bypass sound just fine, but I have no sound when I turn the board on, I can hear hissing sound and as I turn the pots it changes this is the first project with soldered in pots but my question is where should I look is this normal for the pots to 'work' but no guitar signal?  My ic reads 9v on 1 leg, 4.5 on all the others but 1 is 0, I believe that's normal and my transistors have voltage at all legs as well.  I also resoldered every joint on the board, let me know of there is anything I can do to help you guys help me!

gtr2

A picture might help spot a wiring issue.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer