News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay wishes.....

Started by DutchMF, May 07, 2013, 04:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Been tinkering with delays (Multiplex, Neptune, ABDX is coming along nicely...) the last couple of weeks, reading up on how the circuits work etc, and came up with an idea, but I can't really tell if it's even remotely possible, or if pursuing it would be like chasing a white whale.....

The idea is this: a pedal with basically 2 different delay circuits, one optimized for short slapback stuff, and one for longer, ambient-type stuff. But here's the kicker: I'd like there to be a switch on this pedal to switch between feeding the short delay into the long one (something like the Binson or RE-201 modes on the Multiplex) and chaining the two delays after each other, for one reeeaaaallllyyyy long delay. Would this be even possible?

Now, I really don't care if this would be PT2399 or BBD based (the first is probably easier...). Nor am I looking for a ready made project. I just had a crazy idea, and wouldn't mind doing a lot of experimenting/testing (probably over the next 2 years  ;)), but if anyone out here says: "Been trying that, won't work, ever!" I'll just find something else to waste my time on (in a pleasurable way...)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jasonstomps

Dear Captain Ahab,

I think the BYOC ping pong has something like this where you can switch between series and parallel dual PT2399s.  Not sure if that's what you're after.
Jason D

selfdestroyer

Could you get 2 delay circuits and do a "change order" switch.

http://music.codydeschenes.com/?p=570

maybe this will at least get you close to the switching you want.

midwayfair

It's completely possible to switch between parallel and series PT2399s.

This guy did basically everything you CAN do with two PT2399s in one circuit:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=98275.0

I'd pick that apart for inspiration.