News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

GOLD FACE - Silicon Fuzz (Mangler)

Started by rlopes, May 03, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlopes

This is my 3th build and i believe this it's my best finish so far. I used a hammertone dark gray paint and for the labeling i used Gold Decal Letters (Decadry brand). It was a real pain in the ass to keep all the letters aligned. It's not 100% perfect but i think it turned out real good. I used a selected pair of BC108C transistors and i tried to give it a vintage look by using some vintage style components.
Now the best part: the sound!. It's the first fuzz i build and actually the first real fuzz i ever played but this thing rocks! And when i roll down the guitar volume the sound cleans up very nicely.
I have 2 more projects in the shelf and almost finished but I am recovering from surgery and I have yet to do one more, so for now i have to stay away from the soldering iron and just drooling while I see your new projects in the forum  ;D

G.G.

Nice job inside and out!! The board looks killer. Congrats on getting the decals on so even, they look really good. Did you clearcoat over them after you put them on? Now you just need some gold knobs!!  ;D

glowsheep

really nice, I like the look of that color finish with the decals. Very clean build.

rlopes

Quote from: G.G. on May 03, 2012, 04:52:27 PM
Nice job inside and out!! The board looks killer. Congrats on getting the decals on so even, they look really good. Did you clearcoat over them after you put them on? Now you just need some gold knobs!!  ;D
Yes, i clearcoat the pedal after i put the decals so they coud be more resistent. I could'n capture the real colour of the gold letters in the photo (they seem a little fadded). It looks even better than the photo  ;)
Gold Knobs, Gold Letters, Gold Face... that would be the ultimate pimp pedal  ;D

gtr2

That looks great with the gold lettering.  The guts are tasty too.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer