News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rangemaster oc44 question

Started by chris weaver, January 28, 2019, 12:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris weaver

There are 4 holes for oc 44 & 3 legs...what goes where?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

gordo

It gives you alternative trans possibilities. The middle pin can either be in the center-middle or the center-rear pads.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

chris weaver

A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

gordo

None at all. Just means it will accolade trans with different pin outs.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

If you google 'OC44 pinout' you'll get images showing you the pinout, there should be a coloured (maybe red?) dot nearest to collector. From there pinout is C-B-E.
Depending which pcb layout you are working with identify which wire goes where.
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Probably not worth it for casual solderers, but things like this are when I drag out my Peak DCA-55 :)

Although I think there are several ebay items now that do the same thing -- insert the component into the ZIF socket (pin order doesn't matter), press the button, and the screen tells you all about the component, and what pin does what.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on January 28, 2019, 06:09:24 AM
Probably not worth it for casual solderers, but things like this are when I drag out my Peak DCA-55 :)

Although I think there are several ebay items now that do the same thing -- insert the component into the ZIF socket (pin order doesn't matter), press the button, and the screen tells you all about the component, and what pin does what.

I have the Peak DCA75.  It's great for casual screening, but I find it does tend to report higher gains than the RG. Keen method, FWIW.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper