News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Celsius-Boss CE-1 Preamp

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 28, 2023, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I decided to build this and had asked Robert a question about it and he included it in my next order. This is the newer version with the fix for noise that the first release had. So shout-out to the guy in charge for improvements and being such a generous dude.

I originally built the karaoke chorus which is an adaptation of the ce-1 chorus with some welcomed additions and changes to make it quieter, cheaper to build and more versatile. It did lack the preamp section though. I was on the fence to build this because the first version had noise issues but Robert fixed that and I knew I had to have it for my collection. So what does it do?

It's a very subtle tone shaper, some might say sweetener, much in the same vein of the clandestine preamp. It's not in your face, but it does add a certain depth and dimension to the tone. The high/low input sensitivity switch will give you a very different range of gain depending on where it's set. While many like the drive character the pedal can bring, I prefer it's tone shaping at unity volume. And just like the original, run a buffered signal into it or the impedance mismatch will kill your high end.

The build was standard ppcb fair with great layout and no issues. I had to make it match my karaoke chorus theme and vibe so I went with a match Shang-Chi theme. In the video I tried to show it with and without chorus as it's the integral input section of the original unit.

Who the hell is Bucky?

nzCdog

Sweet build Chris!  :)
I'm a big fan of the CE1 and CE2, this is an interesting project

gordo

Very cool Chris.  I can definitely hear a mild tone change, almost like the frequency leveling that a compressor might give you, minus the compression.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jessenator

Cut off the same bolt

Very nice indeed. I need to play more.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, although it wasn't essential for my tone, it was essential for my boss collection lol
Who the hell is Bucky?