News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Holy shitballs!

Started by madbean, February 14, 2023, 01:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

These large bat switches and rocker covers I got from Tayda are legit! I need to find a use for them.

thesmokingman

I laughed out loud at this because I got one of those large bat switches due to my own error when ordering parts for the harbinger 1.5 and it is difficult to explain how ridiculous it is until it is there in front of you ... meanwhile I have a drawer full of those covers in black from an ordering error on a previous project ... I've held on to both figuring some day I'll find the use for them.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jessenator

Those are fantastic! I couldn't help but start thinking of names (no matter how cliche).

DefCon
WOPR
NORAD
Failsafe
Nuka Ruby Red

jimilee

Quote from: jessenator on February 14, 2023, 01:25:48 AM
Those are fantastic! I couldn't help but start thinking of names (no matter how cliche).

DefCon
WOPR
NORAD
Failsafe
Nuka Ruby Red
I have some of those switches also because error, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

There used to be a boutique pedal guy, like a decade back, and that was a big part of what he did, using those covers and switches. I think he metal stamped his letters into the enclosures too. I forget his name.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Quote from: jkokura on February 14, 2023, 03:40:29 PM
There used to be a boutique pedal guy, like a decade back, and that was a big part of what he did, using those covers and switches. I think he metal stamped his letters into the enclosures too. I forget his name.

Jacob

Fardunk. He had some issues with his pedal business from what I recall.

jwin615

12dB boost Infront of a fuzz.
I'm a switch and knob junkie so have some as well.
Also have a 2pdt backlit pushbutton with a radiation logo on it I scrapped off an x-ray at work that I need to find a home for. Problem is, it's too deep for most enclosures.
I've been in a rutt on boxing things lately. Found some duplicolor spray enameled acrylic at a discount store for $2 yesterday in what I can best describe as "vintage military test equipment grey".
Been pondering boxing a few with it following that theme with some oversized dials and similar safety switches. Maybe inspire and get me unstuck.

jkokura

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2023, 04:14:11 PM
Quote from: jkokura on February 14, 2023, 03:40:29 PM

Jacob

Fardunk. He had some issues with his pedal business from what I recall.

That's the one. But he made some sweet looking devices. I remember his style was unique, and he wasn't able to keep up with demand.

*edit: I googled, and it was actually "Farndurk"*

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

TNblueshawk

Wow, blast from the past, Farndurk. Man I read some threads on him and whew it was nasty. Dude had a great idea and I loved the look of his pedals. I think they sounded great by others accounts but did he dig a hole for himself.
John

gordo

Bogner uses these as their power switches and when I called them to find a source (their boards use the 90 degree angled version) I got questioned as to how I was working on one of their amps and not a certified shop.  I explained that I was a local tech for a band that needed the amp fixed "yesterday" and after providing the serial number to the amp they express shipped a replacement that I had in the amp the next day.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

I was going to put a set of those in my Phat Boy build but decided against it based on their size, lol.

pickdropper

I think it should be a secondary bypass control labeled "Ejection Seat."
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jwin615

Self destruct switch with an astable circuit that beeps/buzzes with increasing frequency and latches the DC input to the pedal circuit open once it reaches a solid beep(reset by returning switch and unplugging power.
could go as far as using a bi color indicator led thats normally green but turns red with beeps and a flip flop.
add pair of NOR gates on the power/switch input as an active high latching circuit to make it where they can revert the circuit by just resetting the switch.
Random googled increasing speed beep circuit here:
https://www.homemade-circuits.com/buzzer-circuit-with-incrementing-beep/

A little overboard, but would be hillarious.