Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sonic Death Monkey - Multi Effect

Started by juansolo, February 14, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Sonic Death Monkey

SPANK IT!

Second of a pair of multi-effects pedals for a friend of mine. Madbean's Afterlife compressor and Fat Pants Boost, and Jimmy's 1590A Klone, the Apis.

The Apis has been wired as buffered bypass rather than TBP. Another thing to note was that I was able to use the Josh's Optotrons in this one making the wiring much easier and neater than the other.

Matt is known for asking for interesting things on his pedals. These monkeys were carefully selected by the man himself.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

irmcdermott

Please tell me that's a reference to one of my all time favorite movies... High Fidelity.

Must go watch now.

Fantastic build!

juansolo

Quote from: irmcdermott on February 14, 2013, 07:20:35 PM
Please tell me that's a reference to one of my all time favorite movies... High Fidelity.

Must go watch now.

It is indeed! I did wonder if anyone would notice.  ;)

Haberdasher

another great looking box js

I like a couple of the hornby books and high fidelity was the best one I've read.  I never saw the movie but I might have to check it out now!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

So clean looking all the wy through.I love me some monkies too.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey

Nice.  Is that a 1790ns?

I have a fatpants and afterlife waiting to be boxed. How do they sound together?  Afterseeing your pics i was thinking about putting them together with a kingslayer.

juansolo

Hammond 1590XX. You could get this in a regular large box easily as all the boards are so small. But when I've done 3 stompers in boxes that size before they're difficult to stomp. This still gives you a decent amount of spacing between.

This combo works really well. It's close to what Matt is replacing, a Rothwell Love Squeeze clone I did for him, and OCD he's lost faith in (we've repaired that now) and an EP Booster. The FP kills the EPB and the Afterlife is in the same ballpark as the LS. This is all to ultra simplify his pedal board and shrink it to 2-3 pedals.

lego4040

Always so amazing, what and where can I find that wire? It lays so neatly

pickdropper

As usual, it looks great, John.

You could easily fit 3-4 more boards in there.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Extra-Flexible-Solid-Core-Equipment-Wire-100m-Reel-/390507609230?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item5aec113c8e

This appears to be the same stuff, but from a different supplier. Our usual supplier has none listed at the moment.

Just ordered some in fact, so we'll see if it's the same stuff.