News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delyk Effects Test Board MkII

Started by gordo, September 01, 2016, 02:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This whole website got past me till I saw it in daleykd's signature.  I snagged the test board kit even though I already have a perfectly fine testing rig.  I thought it was a cool idea.  I'm far too lazy to go about finding the right connectors and stuff to populate the board so I got the kit.  Has a bypass, test oscillator, and probe built onto a fairly small board (that I might mount to a bit of wood to keep it from getting dragged around by a cable).

For anyone that doesn't have a test rig yet, this is a recommended setup on the cheap  << gets off of and puts away soap box  :D >>
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Jebus

Really cool! I've been meaning to build new test board for a while. Got super excited when I saw this. Sadly the shipping rates are way too much (16,20$). :(

Adam_DIY

Quote from: Jebus on September 01, 2016, 12:21:14 PM
Really cool! I've been meaning to build new test board for a while. Got super excited when I saw this. Sadly the shipping rates are way too much (16,20$). :(

Where are you based? Is postage from the uk any cheaper for you?

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Ultra_Tester/p847124_15700704.aspx

Jebus

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 01, 2016, 12:48:29 PM
Where are you based? Is postage from the uk any cheaper for you?

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Ultra_Tester/p847124_15700704.aspx

Cool, didn't know Fuzz Dog carried it too! I'm from Finland so UK is on the better side of the pond for me. :)

selfdestroyer

I to have been using Delyk's test rig for the past 6 months or so and it works very well for me. I use it a little battery powered amp and a old DMM lead for the probe.

Cody

gordo

I have a Rustbucket and a Black Horse Analog Delay that are the remainder of my box of fail so I'm hoping this inspires me to get off my butt.  Lots of switches and lights doesn't hurt either.
Gordy Power

matmosphere

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 01, 2016, 04:48:50 PM
I to have been using Delyk's test rig for the past 6 months or so and it works very well for me. I use it a little battery powered amp and a old DMM lead for the probe.

Cody

When I first read that I thought "what's a Deluxe Memory Man lead?"

gordo

First build on the test board was the Delyk AMZ booster (thank you!).  First troubleshoot (and successful) was the Rust Bucket.  Who knew there was a difference between pF and nF?

Next up is the Black Horse delay and I will have cleared out my box of fail.
Gordy Power

daleykd

Whoa; how did I miss this thread?  It's about my stuff!  :)

Thanks, guys.  I appreciate the kind words.

As for the FuzzDog tester, we worked something out where he asked permission to sell it.  So, if you're overseas and his shipping is better (SCREW YOU USPS!), do it.  He'll owe me a PCB or two eventually.  :D