News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

splitter pedal

Started by sp3k, April 14, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp3k

Hi! A friend asked me to build him a tiny splitter pedal (1 in 2 outs). He pays in a 2 piece band, he splits his signal to a guitar and a bass amp. He doesn't want a switch or anything, even prefers if it can be passive.

Do you think a simple passive wiring with no components (just jacks and wire) will work fine? should I put a buffer on the thing?

midwayfair

Passive splitters seriously suck. Just ... don't do it.

sp3k

do you think adding a klone buffer to the input would be enough so it doesn't suck so much?

Clayford

Yes.

Look at the oshpark shared section.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=10869.0

Specifically you want irmcdermott's Dropin board for the Ernie Ball VP Jr.  You'll ignore the Led's since they're there for lighting effect on the volume pedal except maybe one, to prove the unit is powered. Passive splitters suck, steal tone, cause impedance problems, volume loss etc.
You might be able to perf or vero something out from the schematic. It's two Klon(e)buffers one for each side. It works perfectly.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

sp3k

I think I'll just use veroboard, I've done lots of veroboard pedals, and for such a small thing I think is not worth spending the extra cash on a pcb.

So one buffer for each output, or just an input buffer?

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded