News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Are you like me?

Started by jimilee, January 21, 2014, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Have you built so many pedals you can't keep track of them. I have a buffered klone modded for bass and I can't find it anywhere.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

haveyouseenhim

Nobody is quite like you jimi.  ;)

I did lose a guitar once back when I used to drink. It was in a magnolia tree. :o
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

GermanCdn

You're not alone Jimi.  When I started out, I never labelled my pedals, as I didn't think I'd ever have that many.  Have spent the last couple of weeks relabeling all of them so I know what is what.  The fabbed ones aren't so bad, but the vero ones...yeah, I don't even remember what some of them are.  I think I have 50 pedals on my "Ready Rack" (a repurposed spice shelf which fits pedals perfectly that I keep in my amp room so I can grab'em quick) and probably another 100 - 150 in rubber made containers in the storage closet.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

alanp

I've got a shopping bag full of pedals (that's the good part about crappy art, you don't feel bad about relic'ing the box), as well as a bunch spread out over the floor in front of the speaker cab.

There's normally a lot of searching and swearing when I want one particular one.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

I do the same thing. Here is what I do with builds waiting to be boxed or waiting on parts.

A box and some bags lol. This helps me keep a hold on loose builds. As far as complete builds go, they are only in 2 places, my office/music room or my dad's house. Since I seem to never get rid of everything

muddyfox

If Jimi was to take a picture like this, I hope he has a fisheye lens on hand...  ;D

alanp

Hey, Kids!

It's time to play.... TOTAL OPPPOSITES!

Top of the computer (along with other crap)

Desk (along with other crap)

Top of the amp, along with chord sheets

Part storage is another matter entirely. I'm as disorganised as selfdestroyer is organised.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Quote from: jimilee on January 21, 2014, 04:42:16 AM
Have you built so many pedals you can't keep track of them. I have a buffered klone modded for bass and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't lose them as a rule, but I do forget what some of them do and what they are...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bcalla

Quote from: jimilee on January 21, 2014, 04:42:16 AM
I know where to start looking.  I have a friend who will sometimes 'borrow' a pedal.  The next time I visit him, I will see it fastened to his pedal board.  I'm not sure I'll ever get my MoWah back.

midwayfair

Mine are all on a shelf and I have a helpful website with almost every pedal I've ever built on it, with a description of the thing.

But I've certainly misplaced a couple pedals around the house before. Especially when something gets buried under some paper in the workshop or under a pillow on the couch in the practice room.

juansolo

I'm embarrassingly well organised...

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

chromesphere

Quote from: juansolo on January 21, 2014, 03:54:33 PM
I'm embarrassingly well organised...

Do those containers slide open?  Man, that would be a brilliant way of storing pedals!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Latches on the side suggest not.

But a set of drawers (like map drawers) could be good. But you'd have to admit you have a pedal problem then!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on January 21, 2014, 10:57:09 PM
But you'd have to admit you have a pedal problem then!

I better slow it down then, I don't have much time for any more meetings. LOL