News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Modded DeProfundis and build dramma

Started by mrclean77, February 10, 2016, 12:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrclean77

I have some more stuff to post that's been built, just been waiting either to get to the laser guy or for parts --- now awaiting my third attempt at ordering the correct DPDT foot stomps (hey, I've never ordered laughably-huge elec caps from Mouser, so that's gotta count for SOMEthing, right?)

Modded a delay for a bud and locals wanted a few. Commissioned my kiddo to draw something for what I wanted to call a "Space Turtle" (I think she did pretty good). Scanned in at work and traced over with our little magic 'sign on this special mouse pad' pen thingy. Then lasered on the powder-coat. The flat black enclosures from BLMS are typically better-looking than how they are described and definitely more than worth the price - AND the take the lasering very well.

MODS: Tone control brought out to be an external control; momentary SPST for instant infinite repeats - guessing the shoe gaze fellas are gonna be in love.

SHOUT OUTS: Rej for stoopid quick shipping from the North, BLMS for general awesome-ness, Keef for the Thripidity that allowed me to keep wiring neat whilst bumping the controls out to edges of space, Mouser for quick shipping

midwayfair

nzCdog

m-Kresol

your kid did a great job on the graphics. really came out great. Hope you find time to build some more
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mrclean77

Thanks, guys! The laser comes out so neat and she was pretty excited.

If you have not tried doing the momentary stomp thing on the repeats control - DO IT.

beneharris

Space turtle. She must be a Steven King fan!

Kidding aside, that looks fantastic. I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to start doing that for me.

Leevibe

mrclean77

I gotta do my homework, I don't get the King reference. She constantly asks to help so I said,

hey, I'm doing these weird delays

Whatcha gonna call 'em?

It'll be the "Space Turtle" delay, so I think I need a turtle wearing an astronaut helmet, the bubble kind, does that make sense?

I know what you mean, hang on.....*returns with what you see above*

Perfect!

beneharris

They don't specifically call it the space turtle in the books, but he's in quite of a few of his books.

"See the Turtle of Enormous Girth"
    "On his shell he holds the Earth."

U4U

Hi there. interesting. Did the tone mod too, but how to connect the SPST? Thx, U4U
Creator of the multi purpose pickup wiring/unwiring machine

bcalla

GrindCustoms

Thanks for the kind words buddy!

Very nice build! I see that you are able to get quite a good load of those out of the door, very nice that! :)

It's a friend of me that takes care of the shipping, i've setup him a complete metal shelving closet with compartments for all our shipping supplies, product, parts and what not... he lives 2 houses from the Post Office... although sometime the shipping will be delayed by couple days as he plays in 3 bands and have quite a heavy schedule with his recording studio aswell... but! So far so good! :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

mrclean77

Rej, I think with that batch of boards I grabbed from you, the boards may have even arrived before some other needed parts ---- I was like the kid with a Christmas present but no batteries haha

Quote from: U4U on July 25, 2016, 03:05:25 PM
Hi there. interesting. Did the tone mod too, but how to connect the SPST? Thx, U4U

I have this on a huge post-it or index card taped up somewhere in my build area, but I think you just go straight to lugs 2 & 3 of the repeats pot ----- I will double check (or someone with a decent memory can chime in) when I get home; I do remember doing just a small wrap around the pcb pin, but still leaving enough room to be able to get those pins to sit flush/at the same height as the others - I hope I didn't just over-explain that part